We specialise in helping clients move to Sweden from the UK and have extensive knowledge of the best routes available.
Schepens provide cost-effective removals to Sweden — without compromising the quality of service upon which we have built our reputation.
Schepens provides stress-free removals to Sweden!
With more than 100-years of expert experience, our talented team understand the logistics and with strong local knowledge of Sweden, have the skills and knowledge to make your move go off without a hitch.
WE ARE A LEADING UK PROVIDER OF REMOVALS ACROSS SCANDINAVIA
Schepens makes weekly runs to Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Due to the amount of work we do in these countries, we currently offer flexible scheduling to a range of destinations in each country, so we’re able to offer affordable rates to movers without compromising our service. Our base in Jönköping is ideally situated for removals logistics throughout Scandinavia.
Offering a range of optional services including storage, packing and insurance we make your removals to Sweden simple and stress-free!
Why use Schepens for removals to Sweden?
Schepens is a family-run company — we take great pride in our reputation and the quality of service we provide.
Schepens is a leading UK provider of removals to Sweden, thanks to our extensive experience of European removals over decades.
Our friendly staff are all highly qualified and very experienced. All movers are trained to British Association of Removers standards — they will move your possessions safely and efficiently.
We are very familiar with the Swedish customs regulations, and will be happy to fill in your customs paperwork accurately and efficiently.
If you take advantage of our packing service, your possessions will be wrapped in the appropriate packing materials and placed in very sturdy packing boxes.
We have helped many clients relocate to Sweden and can make recommendations about the most efficient and cost-effective way to manage your removals to Sweden.
Due to the heavy volumes in traffic we transport, we currently offer a regular service to most destinations and we are therefore able to provide more economical rates than other UK movers without compromising our service. Because we help so many people relocate to Sweden, we can offer better value for money than other international removals companies.
We use a fleet of dedicated articulated vehicles for removals to Sweden. Our vehicles run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable baring system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle contents. These bars also enable us to create partitions between consignments which prevents cross contamination. Our vehicles are alarmed, offering additional security and peace of mind.
Our specially trained Move Co-ordinators can help with all aspects of your removals to Sweden
Insurance and Extended Liability Cover for removals to Sweden
All aspects of the journey to Sweden are fully insured, including workers and vehicles. You can rest easy knowing that your valuable possessions are fully covered if there is an accident during the journey. There is also extended liability cover available to protect against damage to third parties.
Packing Services for removals to Sweden
It is crucial to pack fragile items appropriately for international removals because of the duration of the journey and the sometimes rough conditions encountered during the move. Our movers have performed hundreds of international moves and understand how to pack fragile items to ensure they make it to the destination safely. We use high-quality packing materials including durable cardboard boxes.
We have extensive experience of successfully moving people to all the major cities and towns in Sweden, including:
Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Uppsala, Vasteras, Orebro, Karlstad, Linkoping, Helsingborg, Jonkoping, Norrkoping, Lund, Umeå, Gavle, Boras, Skara, Eskilstuna and Sodertalje.
GET YOUR FREE ESTIMATE FOR REMOVALS TO SWEDEN TODAY
PART LOAD REMOVALS TO SWEDEN | EUROPEAN REMOVALS
Schepens has been providing full and part load removals to Sweden for over a century now; it’s no wonder that we’re the UK’s leading provider. Our 4th generation family-led business has a reputation for stress-free removals that are bespoke to the needs of our movers. Our part load removals service is perfect for clients shipping a small amount of goods or furniture.
CONTACT US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION QUOTE!
WHAT IS PART LOAD REMOVALS to SWEDEN?
Part load removals combines cargo from multiple clients to fill a large removals truck or cargo container. It’s a cost-effective way to ship small loads overseas. Schepens makes weekly runs to locations across Sweden, which means that long waits for your part load to be delivered are unlikely.
Once we have enough cargo to fill an entire removals truck, each cargo pallet is secured to the truck or cargo container using packing straps. The cargo is then delivered directly to your home or place of business, where it is unloaded by our BAR trained removals team.
A FIRST-CLASS REMOVALS SERVICE FROM SCHEPENS
“Great service. We were really happy with our move from London to Sweden. The movers were really professional, efficient, polite and careful with our belongings. I would highly recommend Schepens.”
WHY USE SCHEPENS PART LOAD REMOVALS TO SWEDEN?
Schepens have been performing part load removals to Sweden for decades and therefore have a detailed understanding of the logistics involved. The main reasons for choosing Schepens for removals to Sweden include:
- Affordable Rates. Schepens ships a large amount of cargo to Sweden each year. This allows us to obtain bulk discounts from fuel providers, airlines, and shipping companies. We pass those discounts onto our clients, making us one of the most affordable options available.
- An Established Removals Company. Our family-owned company has been in business for more than 100 years. We have performed thousands of removals to Sweden and have many satisfied customers. Don’t risk having your possessions moved by an inexperienced company — use Schepens!
- Bespoke Removals Plans. We offer clients 100% obligation-free quotes. Each quote is uniquely tailored to the client’s specific requirements. This approach ensures that you only receive the services you require — saving you a great deal of money!
- Full/Part Load Removals to Sweden. Because we help so many clients move to Sweden, we can offer a regular part load removals service. You can make substantial savings by using this option!
- Experienced Move Co-ordinators. Each mover is allocated an experienced move co-ordinator who knows Sweden well. They will explain every step of the removals process and provide guidance at every stage. Their goal is to make your move to Sweden stress-free!
- Customs Paperwork Completed. We know the customs regulations in Sweden well, and can provide advice, should you require it. We will fill in the paperwork for you and ensure safe passage for your goods over the border.
- Specialist Removals. If you wish to ship a single item that requires specialist attention, we have a team that can handle it for you. They are experienced in the overseas removals of pianos, fine art, and antiques. Each item is individually assessed, and we provide bespoke packaging, handling, and shipping.
- Professional Packing Services. If you would like help with packing your goods in preparation for shipping, our professional packing team is available. Alternatively we can provide sturdy, professional packing boxes for your goods.
DRIVING IN SWEDEN
If you’re planning to drive in Sweden, there’s plenty to look forward to. The roads are wide, there’s comparatively few cars, and the driving culture is non-aggressive. There are, however, quite a few differences between driving in the UK and driving in Sweden, so read on for the rules, limits, and norms you need to know.
SWEDISH DRIVING LICENCE
A UK driving licence is valid for use in Sweden, so long as it meets the following requirements:
- It is valid in the country where it was issued.
- It hasn’t been exchanged for a Swedish one.
- If you have a driving licence from the UK you can continue to use it in Sweden even if you have been a registered resident here for more than one year. (This is not the case with other non-EU countries).
SPEED LIMITS IN SWEDEN
As in the UK, there are variable speed limits dependent on where you are driving:
- Rural Speed Limit – 90kph
- Urban Speed Limit – 50kph
- Motorway Speed Limit – 110-120kph
Almost 54% of Sweden is composed of natural preserves and wilderness, so you’re likely to encounter animals using the road. Running them down, particularly an endangered species, is a punishable offence. You’re advised to look for “Warning: Animals Crossing” signs on highways.
ALCOHOL RULES IN SWEDEN
Drivers are ‘over the limit’ when they are found to have 0.10 milligrams or over of alcohol per litre of exhaled air. This is equivalent to 0.2 parts per thousand in the blood. In the UK the limit is set at 0.8 parts which is much higher.
Drivers exceeding this limit in Sweden can be sentenced to prison for up to 2 years.
ROAD RULES IN SWEDEN
In Sweden you drive on the right and only hands-free phones are allowed for use in vehicles. All passengers are required to wear seat belts at all times, and drivers should take care not to drive closely behind vehicles and maintain a 50 metres safety triangle to prevent possible collisions on the road.
A peculiar rule in Sweden involves having the headlights and taillights of your car on all day and night, particularly in winter. Not many countries do that. Moreover, the Government recommends winter tyres to be used all year round. Trams are given more preference than other traffic, hence if you see a tram approaching, make way or stop where you are.
CONGESTION CHARGES IN SWEDEN
Cities like Stockholm have congestion charges you will need to pay if you drive on the roads between 6.30 a.m. to 6.29 p.m. You will be charged between SEK 15 and SEK 35, depending on the size of your truck (or car). The congestion charge applies to all vehicles, no matter their country of origin.
PARKING RULES IN SWEDEN
Parking in towns and cities across Sweden is subject to a number of rules, including:
- You should park in the direction of street traffic
- Vehicles shouldn’t be parked for more than 24 hours in the same place, on weekdays.
- If an area is not designated a parking spot (a white P on a blue background) you are not allowed to park there.
- Parking outside the door of a building is not allowed.
- Double parking is not allowed.
- You shouldn’t park less than 10 meters from crossings, corners, zebra crossings, crossing bicycle lanes, or pedestrian crossings.
- Parking in pedestrian areas can only occur in marked areas.
EDUCATION IN SWEDEN
Basic schooling in Sweden is compulsory for children between the ages of 6 and 16. For families from the UK, who are living and working in Sweden, there is a choice of state schools, independent schools, and international schools.
THE SWEDISH SCHOOLING SYSTEM
Förskola (nursery school, or preschool) provision is available for children between the ages 1-5 years. There are generous subsidies for parents, dependent on the age of the child and the employment status of parents. The nursery school places an emphasis on play and encouraging the development of individual interests and needs.
This covers school from the age of 6, through to 15. It can be divided into 4 levels:
- Preschool – 6 years
- Elementary school – 7 to 9 years
- Middle school – 10 to 12 years
- High school – 13-15 years
The gymnasium describes schooling for students between the ages 16-18 and it is optional. Students can pursue specialised programmes to graduate to Higher Education in or take up vocational courses.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN SWEDEN
Most Swedish children go to public schools for free. The Swedish National Syllabus requires that students study 16 subjects, and it is usually taught in Swedish. To be able to study in a public school, you’ll require language proficiency tests in English (TOEFL or IELTS) and Swedish (TISUS).
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN SWEDEN
Many UK families who are living and working in Sweden temporarily choose to enrol their children in international schools located in Sweden. The British International Primary School in Stockholm follows the UK standard syllabus and allows for flexibility in choosing subjects and courses. English is used as the prime medium for instruction, and they follow the curriculum taught in the UK.
Healthcare In Sweden
Sweden has an advanced healthcare programme, which is available to both citizens and emigrants in equal stead. Approximately 11 percent of the country’s GDP is dedicated to healthcare, which isn’t a lot when you compare it to other countries like the U.S. and UK. But the services provided with the limited funds available and the gradual increase in the average life span of most Swedish residents make Sweden a huge favourite with the British as far as relocation is concerned.
Private Vs Public Healthcare Systems in Sweden
The Swedish health care system is largely funded by the government, and is available to all citizens and decentralised. Private health care is also available, albeit rare, and tends to be more expensive. In Sweden, county councils and municipalities primarily levy taxes to fund the nation’s healthcare system.
Public healthcare in Sweden covers:
- basic outpatient services
- prescription medication
- dental care (for those under 20 years old)
- preventative services
- handicapped support
- rehabilitation services
- home-based nurses and transport facilities for those in need
Since public healthcare is Government-sponsored, you will be charged about SEK 120-220 for each visit to a doctor, which is more affordable than healthcare services in the UK. Furthermore, children and young people below the age of 20 are offered free healthcare benefits.
Anyone, registered as resident in Sweden, is entitled to free dental care up to the year you turn 23. As an adult you will pay a large part of your dental care costs yourself, from the age of 23. However, as an adult you entitled to a dental care grant of 300 or 600 SEK a year. You can save this for two years and use it on one occasion, but you can’t save more than two grants a time.
Health Insurance in Sweden
Sweden has one of the best healthcare systems in the world, and health insurance does not serve much purpose since healthcare is available at reasonable rates and people don’t tend fall sick. However, having a health insurance can save you time in queues and you get immediate preference over others.
Swedish Pharmacies and Drug Stores
Sweden has a myriad of pharmacies in all its towns and cities. Just look for the name plate that reads “Apoteket”. Most pills that are available only over the counter in Britain can be procured easily in chemist stores and Apotekets in Sweden for low costs. Most chemists are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day – Sundays and public holidays included, but the ones near hospitals and health care centres are available 24 hours.
Emergency Service: If you have a healthcare emergency, you can call either 1777 or 999 to get immediate response.
Finding Work in Sweden
Since the UK exited the EU in 2020, the rules governing who can live and work in Sweden have changed. Finding work in Sweden is still possible, but the process is more complex than it used to be.
UK citizens wanting to move to Sweden to work will need to have a job offer and a Swedish work visa.
Finding a Job in Sweden
There are still many jobs available for citizens from the UK who have the appropriate qualifications, training, and languages. A good place to start is the Job Shortage List; which is produced by the Migration Agency. If your skills match a job in high demand, there’s a far greater chance of you being able to get a work visa.
Any job offer has to meet certain requirements:
- The position was advertised to Swedish/ EU/ EEA workers for a minimum of 10 days.
- The terms of employment are comparable to those set by Swedish collective agreements.
- The pay is at least SEK 13,000 (£1,097) gross salary per month.
- The employer is willing to pay insurance for you.
APPLYING FOR A WORK VISA
Once you have a job offer, which fulfils the above requirements, you can apply for a work visa.
- Your employer will initiate the application by submitting details of the role you have been offered, and basic information about you. Communication at this stage will be via email.
- You’ll receive an email providing details about the application process. If your family will be travelling with you to Sweden, you’ll also be able to apply for permits for them.
- You will be asked to submit a range of documentation. There is a fee which you will need to pay upon completion of your application.
- The Migration Agency processes your application. You may be required to show your passport at a Swedish Embassy in the UK.
- The Migration Agency will inform you of their decision. If you are granted a work visa, you will be able to travel to Sweden.
- Once in Sweden, you will need to register with the Swedish Population Register.
The 6 Best Cities to Live and Work in Sweden
If you’re thinking of moving to Sweden, business news for 2018 is good. Forbes recently named it as the top country in the world to do business with. It has also achieved top ranking in the Sustainable Competitiveness Index, and it’s considered the number one location for tech start-ups in the world. Sweden is a growing economy, with a decidedly entrepreneurial outlook. It’s safe to say that moving to there to work is a great option right now.
Relocating to Sweden With Your Family
Moving abroad is never just about business; it’s also a lifestyle choice which has to take into account the culture, location, and family-friendliness of the country you’re moving to. Expats who’ve taken the plunge talk about Sweden as a safe place to live, a great place to raise children, and culturally inclusive, but they note that each city has its own challenges and advantages. So here’s our whistle stop guide to the 6 best cities to live and work in Sweden.
- Stockholm – Sweden’s beautiful capital city is distributed across 14 islands which form part of a stunning archipelago. It’s a relatively small population of around 1 million. The cost of living is high, but finding a job is relatively easy – especially if you speak Swedish. Housing is in high demand but it’s a great, sociable city to live in, with equal emphasis on quality of life and sustainability.
- Malmö – one of the largest cities in Sweden, and known to Brits as one of the twin locations in The Bridge. It’s known for having the warmest climate in the country, and for being a melting pot of different cultures. Malmö has something of a hipster reputation but it’s also one of major economic hubs in Scandinavia. Digital media and biotechnology are big employers in the city.
- Uppsala – 30,000 of Uppsala’s 180,000 inhabitants are students, so this is very much a university town, with a reputation for great nightlife, and numerous cultural events throughout the year. It’s the 4th largest city in Sweden and close enough to Stockholm to commute. Uppsala university and the city council are the main employers but with the Swedish economy booming, Uppsala’s job opportunities are growing.
- Gothenburg – know as ‘Sweden’s largest village’, Gothenburg was built on industry and trade but it now balances its historical culture with academe, tourism and high tech SMEs and start ups. The Liseberg entertainment park draws tourists to the city throughout the year, and the city’s two universities keep the culture diverse. Despite its quirkiness, however, Gothenburg is still a major port, inviting significant industrial investment.
- Solna – Solna sells itself to newcomers as “a city of the future in the making”. It’s close to Stockholm and – given the housing shortage in the capital – it’s a popular choice for commuters. Whilst you could see it as a suburb, the town is determined to build its own economy and identity. It’s already home to over 8,500 local businesses, and there are lots of inducements for new businesses to invest in the area.
- Västerås – one of the oldest cities in northern Europe, situated close to the beautiful Lake Mälaren, this is an industrial city that is currently re-inventing itself in order to attract newcomers. Just 100 kilometers from Stockholm the city is one of the major logistical centres in Sweden and industry continues to play a major part in the economy, making this a great place to find work.
Schepens Can Help You With Your Move to Sweden
We’ve been moving families, young professionals and students to locations across Sweden for over a century now, and we know the country well. We ship there regularly, and we recently opened a new depot in Jönköping. This means that we are able to provide flexible scheduling to our clients moving to Sweden, and offer extremely competitive prices on our services.
Schepens Understands European Removals
Over the past 100 years we have gained a wealth of experience when it comes to European removals. Many of our clients are managing an overseas move for the first time, and they look to us to help them with logistics, organisation, and the admin involved in shipping your goods abroad. Every client is allocated a dedicated Move Co-ordinator who will help with the creation of a comprehensive removals plan listing all deadlines that need to be met.
A Bespoke Removals Package for Your Move to Sweden
We know that every move is unique, which is why we tailor our removal package to meet the needs of each individual client. Early on in the process, your Moving Co-ordinator will work with you to choose the services you require as part of your removals quote.
These may include:
Packing – our professional packers are all BAR trained to the highest standard, and can save you the stress and time involved in packing up you house. Our packers use high quality packing materials, and label boxes meticulously for easy unpacking. They will also create a detailed inventory.
Insurance – we insure all your goods whilst they are being shipped, but we can also add extra peace of mind. Schepens can arrange for accidental damage, and extended liability cover.
Storage – many of our clients use our storage facilities for safekeeping furniture and goods they don’t want to ship. We offer a door-to-door service: Your container is delivered to your location when you need it; our packers can help you to load it. The container is then sealed and transported to our secure managed storage facility.
Removals Fleet – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Trust Schepens to Move You Successfully To Sweden
We pride ourselves on a service that reduces the stress of moving for our clients, and creates a seamless removals process from first phone call through to unpacking in Sweden. We’ve got a great track record for successful moves to Sweden, and our removals team have first hand knowledge of cities and towns across the country.
If you’re thinking of moving to Sweden, why not call Schepens today to find out how we can support every step of your removals process?
Are You Relocating to Sweden From the UK?
Over the past few decades Schepens has supported numerous families and solo professionals relocating to Sweden from the UK. But that’s not the full story. In this blog we take a look at the ways in which Schepens removals to Sweden helps movers to do business, study, reunite with family, and create holiday getaways in this beautiful and ever-surprising country.
1. Businesses Relocating to Sweden
The way we do business with other European countries is constantly evolving. Some businesses find that their trade links are so close with countries like Sweden that they decide to move there to make the process as simple as possible. Schepens has helped a number of businesses to relocate to Stockholm, Malmo, Gotenburg and Uppsala.
2. Piano Removals to Sweden
Sound unlikely? Not at all. We have transported more pianos than you might think from the UK to Sweden, and from Sweden back home. Schepens has a specialist team that manages our overseas removal of pianos, antiques and artworks to locations across Sweden. Each item is carefully assessed and the packaging, handling and shipping is bespoke to ensure protection at every stage of the journey.
3. Removals From Sweden to the UK
When you’re a leading provider of removals to Sweden, you’ll also spend much of your time moving clients back to the UK. Usually this has to do with the ending of work contracts, or families wishing to be closer to relatives back in Britain. Whatever the reason, Schepens provides a good deal of stress-free removals from Sweden to the UK.
4. Holiday Homes in Sweden
We’re used to the idea of holiday homes in Spain, France or Italy, but why not Sweden? Perhaps it’s because the Brits tend to be sun-chasers (with good reason). But there’s a few hardy souls who love the idea of a more northern climate. We have supported many movers who needed a half-load container to transport goods to their new holiday home in Harnösand or Vadstena.
Schepens Has a Depot in Jönköping Sweden
As a leading UK provider of removals to Sweden it makes sense that we now have a depot in Jönköping in addition to our UK head office. This means that we’re perfectly positioned to help clients with the logistics of their move to Sweden. The regularity of our runs to Sweden also allows us to offer more affordable rates than most other UK movers, without having to compromise our standard of service.
Tailored Relocation Service for Movers
No matter why – or what – you’re relocating to Sweden from the UK, the Schepens team wants the process to be as good as it gets. That’s why we have professional move co-ordinators who know Sweden well and can offer excellent guidance on your move. They will project manage your relocation, and provide a FREE no obligation removals quote.
The Schepens Removals Team
Our removals to Sweden professionals are industry trained, and share the Schepens ethos on customer service. They put movers at the heart of everything they do; they’re proactive decision makers and they’ll always go the extra mile for you.
Our drivers know Sweden well, and provide safe and reliable transport summer or winter. Your goods are transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
“Helpful, friendly and very professional staff from the day one I spoke to the them over the phone. My belongings where collected and delivered at the exact times we had agreed on. Everything arrived in perfect condition. Excellent value for money. I would definitely use them again. Thank you for making smooth transition after 20 years in UK to my new life in Sweden.”
If you’re looking for stress-free removals to Sweden from the UK, talk to the Schepens team today to find out how we can support you – 01794 323558
Moving to Sweden from UK | Removals to Sweden | Moving to Sweden | Removals Quote to Sweden
Moving to Sweden? Here’s Where it Starts
When you’ve grown up on a small, and densely populated island like Great Britain, the immense, under-populated landscapes of Sweden are quite a change. Many of the professionals and students we’ve encountered moving to Sweden from UK are attracted by the space, the wild coastline, and the city life offered by Stockholm, Malmö, or Gothenburg. Schepens has been providing removals to Sweden for over a century; we’ve put together a brief starter guide for those of you thinking of moving to Sweden.
One of the Happiest Countries
It’s not only landscapes that Sweden offers; it’s also known for the happiness of its population. Since 2013, Sweden has been in the top ten countries in the World Happiness Report. When surveyed, Swedes identified 4 factors contributing to the sense of well-being they experience:
- Personal freedom when making life decisions.
- Trust towards national institutions and other people.
- Low levels of income inequality.
- Government and institutions demonstrating consistently high standards.
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON YOUR MOVE TO SWEDEN FROM UK!
LIVING IN SWEDEN – THE BASICS
- Currency – Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Main languages – Swedish, English, Norwegian, Danish
- Population – 10.25 million
- Foreign-born population – approximately 1.3 million
- Large Cities – Stockholm, Malmö, Gothenburg, Uppsala, Västerås.
COST OF LIVING IN SWEDEN
Most people know about the high cost of living in Sweden but – like any other country – some things are more expensive than the UK, others are cheaper. Numbeo allows you to compare a city in Sweden with one in the UK.
COST OF LIVING COMPARISON BETWEEN LONDON AND STOCKHOLM
- Consumer Prices in Stockholm are 7% lower than in London (without rent)
- Consumer Prices Including Rent in Stockholm are 25.3% lower than in London
- Rent Prices in Stockholm are 47.5% lower than in London
- Restaurant Prices in Stockholm are 15.6% lower than in London
- Groceries Prices in Stockholm are 15.5% higher than in London
- Local Purchasing Power in Stockholm is 12.3% higher than in London
HEALTHCARE IN SWEDEN
Professionals moving to Sweden from UK to work will automatically be registered with the Swedish Tax Agency and will have full access to the excellent Swedish healthcare system. It isn’t entirely free, but the fees are very reasonable. A standard visit to the GP costs between 11-22 euros, and a specialist appointment costs around 40 euros. The 1177 website gives you lots of useful information about finding doctors and healthcare services.
BANKING IN SWEDEN
It’s very easy to set up a local bank account in Sweden. You’ll be able to use it for your salary, paying utility bills and for saving money on international fees.
There are 4 high profile banks in Sweden:
You’ll need your Swedish ID card, passport and proof of address. It’s worth checking on the bank’s website to see if they require anything else.
WORKING IN SWEDEN
UK citizens can stay for 90 days in any year without needing a visa. If you are moving to Sweden from UK to work though, you will need a work visa. You have to have a job offer before you can apply for a work visa.
- Your employer will start the process by submitting details of the role you have been offered, and basic information about you.
- You’ll get an email providing details about the application process. If your family will be travelling with you to Sweden, you can apply for their permits at the same time.
- You will be asked for documentation and there’s a fee which you will need to pay upon completion of your application.
- The Migration Agency processes your application.
- The Migration Agency will inform you of their decision. If you are granted a work visa, you can travel to Sweden.
- Once in Sweden, you will be required to register with the Swedish Population Register.
EDUCATION IN SWEDEN
Compulsory education starts at 6 in Sweden, but many children go to pre-school from 1 year. Primary schooling runs from 6-15 years. Secondary school starts at 16 and runs for 3 years. If your children will be going to school for a limited period (6-12 months) the international school is a good option, as students are taught in English, and they’re able to stay up to date with their home curriculum.
MOVING TO SWEDEN FROM UK IS STRESS-FREE WITH SCHEPENS
Schepens is a family-run removals company, based in the UK, that specialises in removals to Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. For over 100 years we have been providing movers with everything they need to make moving to Scandinavia stress-free. Because we make weekly runs to locations across Sweden, we’re able to offer movers flexible scheduling, affordable prices and full or part load shipping.
TAILORED REMOVALS TO SWEDEN
There’s nothing standard about moving to Sweden from UK, so we don’t treat it as such. Every move is bespoke, and great care is taken to tailor our services to your requirements. Each mover is allocated a Move Co-ordinator. This is a professional who knows your destination well and can support you at every stage of the moving process.
Schepens offers a range of removals services, including:
- Free, No Obligation Quote. We’ll carry out an assessment of your move, online or in person, then well provide a detailed, accurate quote to help with your budgeting.
- Customs Paperwork Completion. As regular removers to Sweden, we are familiar with the customs regulations and will be happy to complete the paperwork for you.
- Professional Packing Service. Our professional packing team will pack up your home in hours using sturdy, sustainable packing materials.
- Insurance. All your goods will be insured whilst in transit. For extra peace of mind we can arrange additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover.
- Self Storage. Should you require local storage for your furniture or household items whilst you’re in Düsseldorf, Schepens has a number of secure self storage facilities in the UK.
- Specialist Removals. If you need to move a piano, an artwork or valuable antiques, we have the specialist team to organise bespoke packing, handling and shipping.
- Removals Fleet. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
SECOND-TO-NONE CUSTOMER SERVICE
“Great service. We were really happy with our move from London to Sweden. The movers were really professional, efficient, polite, and careful with our belongings. I would highly recommend Schepens.”
WHY NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH SCHEPENS TODAY ON 01794 323558, TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE RANGE OF REMOVAL SERVICES WE OFFER TO MOVERS?
Schepens currently perform international removals to all the major towns in Sweden, including: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Uppsala, Vasteras, Orebro, Linkoping, Helsingborg, Jonkoping, Norrkoping, Lund, Umeå, Gavle, Boras, Skara and Sodertalje.
IN ADDITION TO OUR UK HEAD OFFICE, WE NOW HAVE A NEW DEPOT LOCATED IN JÖNKÖPING
We are perfectly positioned to help with the logistics of your move throughout Sweden.
Swedish Depot | Schepens International Ltd | Vitmossevägen 1 | SE-554 75 Jönköping | Sweden
To contact our Swedish Depot, telephone: 01794 323558