Fine Art Shipping | International Art Removals | Experienced Art Shipping
Let Schepens Take the Very Best Care of Your Fine Art Shipping
When it comes to the removal of fine art, the stakes couldn’t be higher for our clients. It’s not only the value of the art work, it’s also the uniqueness of the piece and the relationship owners have to the the art that they buy. That’s why we have invested in training, specialist staff and a second-to-none shipping process for fine art.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a free, no-obligation quote on fine art removals.
We have been shipping fine art across the world for over one hundred years now, and our detailed knowledge and experience is evident at every stage. Schepens has shipped fine art for private clients, and for custodians of public art. Our experience means we understand the issues attending the shipment of uniquely valuable art works. As an international removals company, we also have expertise in managing:
- Valuation documents
- Export documentation
- Specialist insurance
- Customs paperwork
- LAPADA certification
5 Step Fine Art Shipping
- Initial Consultation – each client is allocated a dedicated Move Co-ordinator with expertise in fine art shipping. They will carry our an initial pre-shipping survey. This captures the details of the piece, the preferred mode of transportation and scheduling. They will also discuss the value of your art work and offer options on insurance coverage.
- Specialist Shipping Quotation – our detailed no obligation quotations are 100% free, and provide a detailed, accurate specification of your shipping schedule. We take great care to ensure the transparency of the costs associated with moving your art work, and your Move Co-ordinator will talk you through them in detail.
- Preparation – if you are happy to accept our quotation, we will then schedule the move and make our preparations. This may include sourcing specialist equipment, organising security measures at every stage of of the journey, and briefing all handlers on any specific requirements associated with the object.
- Packing – our BAR trained packing staff are all briefed in advance of the packing process and they will manage the creation of appropriate packing materials. Dependent on the piece, we will use custom built wooden crates, padded to avoid vibration, shock or impact. The work will then be loaded onto our removals vehicles, using specialist equipment where necessary.
- Transit – Your art work will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Secure Storage Facility
Should you require storage for your art work, Schepens provides a highly secure door-to-door service. We have a number of local Schepens storage facilities which are subject to 24 hour security. We promise the same attention to detail offered when shipping fine art, and we carefully assess the level of insurance required to protect your items.
Schepens – Friendly and Professional Fine Art Shipping
Schepens is a 4th generation, family run business that has always put customers at the heart of all our services. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously, and take pride in offering a friendly, highly professional service that you can rely on 100%. If you are looking for a removals partner you can trust to manage your fine art shipping, call us today to discover for yourself the level of service we can offer.