Removals to Hamburg | European Removals
Working in Hamburg
If you’re thinking of moving to Germany to find work, Hamburg is one of the cities you’ll probably be considering. It’s home to a large community of expats from every corner of the globe, the majority of whom have moved there for work. Hamburg is Germany’s second largest city, and one of Europe’s most influential economic hubs.
Schepens makes the journey to northern Germany regularly, so we’re one of the leading providers of removals to Hamburg. Many of our clients move to this beautiful city to work in one of the world class research centres, as consultants to German businesses, or for one of the many International Schools. Others move with a partner and need to find appropriate work once they arrive.
We asked them what advice they would offer to expats looking to work in Hamburg. Here’s some of their responses:
1. Useful Websites
If you’re thinking of working in Hamburg there’s a number of websites that are helpful.
These offer a great overview of the kinds of work available. It’s probably a good idea to browse jobs before you move to the city, but wait to apply until you actually get there.
2. Make Your CV Relevant to German Companies
Rework your CV to let German employers know when you’re planning to move, your German contact details, and your proficiency with the language. It’s also a good idea to talk about why you’re moving to Germany, and how long you’re likely to stay. Any employer will want to know that you’re a serious applicant, before considering whether or not to offer you an interview.
3. Working in Hamburg for English Speakers
There are a number of companies in Hamburg that use English as a business language, or who target English speakers to manage their UK markets. The Immigrant Spirit website is a great place to start if you’re looking for English-speaking jobs; it provides lists of the companies looking for native English speakers, and allows you to browse available job opportunities.
4. Learn German Anyway
Whilst you may not need German to work in Hamburg, you should definitely learn the language to get the most out of living here. Despite the large expat community, Hamburg is definitely a German-speaking city. So, if you want to make friends, and move beyond the expat bubble, start learning the language before you move.
Call us on 01794 323558 and discover how our removals to Germany from UK service can support you
Schepens Provides Removals to Germany
Schepens is a family-run business that’s been providing removals to Germany for over 100 years. Our long-term relationship with this amazing country means that we’re regular visitors to the leading towns and cities. We are able, therefore, to offer movers in the UK flexible scheduling, and a choice of either full or part load shipping.
Tailored Removals to Hamburg
We’ve been in the removals business long enough to know that no two moves are the same. That’s why we provide each client with a professional move co-ordinator who will create a tailored plan for their removals to Hamburg. All our removals plans are unique to our client’s requirements, and they provide the basis for our FREE no obligation removals quotation.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. Schepens can provide a professional removals team to pack up your house, or create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional Extended Liability or Accidental Damage, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to stay in Hamburg for a while, and would like to transport your piano, antiques, or fine art, Schepens provides bespoke packing, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you require storage for goods or furniture in the UK, Schepens has a number of local storage facilities. We offer door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Unbeatable European Removals
Our aim is to provide stress-free European removals for all our clients. To achieve this, we train all our employees to industry standards, and provide professional move co-ordinators who have local knowledge they can share with movers. Our removals services are always professional, and our removals teams are happy to ‘go the extra mile’ for clients wherever they can.