Removals Winchester | Winchester Removal Company
Winchester Relocation From a Local Removals Company
Many of the movers we’ve helped with their Winchester relocation tell us it was love at first sight. And Winchester’s that kind of place. Its medieval streets, 11th century cathedral and links to King Arthur make it a magnet for movers with a love of history. For London movers with a young family, Winchester is the perfect solution. There’s easy access to the south coast, and plenty of great schools.
Schepens is a Winchester removals company, and we’ve been relocating families in this glorious city for over a century now. Once settled, few of them want to move away from its excellent resources, ideal location in the heart of Hampshire, or easy access to London. We asked some of our customers to let new arrivals what to expect from the city.
1. Put Your Car in the Garage
Winchester is marvellous in many respects but its one way system makes it a nightmare for drivers. Thankfully it’s small enough to make walking or cycling a pleasant alternative, wherever you want to get to. It’s a great city for wandering and exploring. There’s always some historic detail you’ve not noticed before, or a beautiful courtyard that’s evaded your eye.
2. Take a Walk Through the Water Meadows
Winchester sits on the River Itchen, which is a ‘chalk stream’. This may not sound very exciting but in fact it’s a rarity. There are only 210 chalk streams in the world, and 160 of them are in England. They’re characterised by extremely clear water, and make a great habitat for watercress. Celebrate your Winchester relocation with a walk through the water meadows up to the medieval St Cross Hospital. It’s an absolute delight.
3. Markets, Shops and Fairs
You’ll quickly discover that Winchester is a tourist hotspot, both winter and summer. Some people see this as a problem to be overcome, others welcome the steady influx of global visitors – and income. One of the major advantages is the great range of shops on offer, the high quality of the regular markets, and the brilliant Christmas Market which vies with its European counterparts.
4. Access to the South Coast
If you move to Winchester with young children, there’s a whole host of delights awaiting you. Access to the south coast is easy and quick. Portsmouth’s probably the closest beach resort, but Bournemouth and Lymington are under an hour away. You’ll also have the New Forest on your doorsteps, with mile upon mile of ancient heath and woodland to explore.
Schepens Provides Winchester Removals
We’re a 4th generation local moving company with over 100 years experience of removals to and from Winchester. Our removals teams are recruited locally and know the area well, so if you need information on shops, schools or that dreaded one-way system we can help. Our goal has always been stress-free removals, and we take pride in the reputation we’ve built for providing just that.
Tailored Removals to Winchester
Whether you’re moving locally within Winchester, or your Winchester relocation is from further afield, we’ll take special care of your family’s requirements. A Move Co-ordinator will work with you to develop a bespoke removals plan. Once complete, this will for the foundation for your FREE no obligation removals quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. If the thought of packing up your home makes your stomach churn, let our professionals do it for you. Schepens’ industry trained teams will pack up your home in hours, label your boxes, and ensure safe transit for all your household items.
- Insurance. Your furniture and goods are insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability insurance, your Move Co-ordinator can arrange cover.
- Specialist moves. If you’re moving a piano, antique furniture, or artworks to Winchester, Schepens specialist removals teams will provide bespoke packaging, handling and removals to ensure safe transit.
- Winchester Self Storage. Should you need local self storage in Winchester, Schepens has a local facility. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment for your goods.
- Transport. Our state-of-the-art removals vehicles offer the perfect environment for your goods. The fleet runs on air ride suspension, and has an adjustable baring system. This means that we’re able to guarantee minimum movement of your goods during the journey to your new home.
Second-to-None Customer Service
Our customers rate us highly for the service we provide. That’s because we invest in professional training for every single member of the team. As a result our movers take pride in their work, are confidant, pro-active problem solvers, and are always willing to go the extra mile for movers where necessary.
“You helped us through a hugely stressful moving day by supporting us at every step. We couldn’t have had a better team to get us through; you were patient, cheerful and practical throughout. Thanks for keeping us sane, can’t recommend Schepens highly enough!!”