House Removals Salisbury | Moving to Salisbury guide | Wiltshire Removals Company
Schepens is a Well-Known Salisbury Moving Company
The last five years have been quite tumultuous for the cathedral city of Salisbury. Back in 2015 it emerged blinking onto the world stage when Lonely Planet placed it 7th in their list 3 top 10 cities, ranking it higher than Vienna or Toronto.
Then, in 2018 it found itself in the media glare once more, this time because of the horrendous Novichok poisonings which closed the city down for weeks on end.
Visit the city now and it’s hard to believe that it was at the centre of the world’s news less than a year ago. The cathedral sits serene, the medieval streets are crowded with tourists, and local businesses appear unruffled by the drama. It’s this calm, unhurried quality which shines through when residents talk about what makes Salisbury a special place to live.
SPEAK TO US TODAY ON 01722 730010 FOR A NO OBLIGATION REMOVALS QUOTE ON YOUR MOVE TO SALISBURY.
Here are 4 great reasons to consider a move to Salisbury in 2019:
1. It’s Quintessentially English
John Constable’s famous painting of Salisbury Cathedral From the Meadows was painted in 1831 but the cathedral still exudes the same charm. This is a 21st century city with a medieval centre where the houses are a delightful jumble of historic architectural styles. And surrounding the city is mile upon mile of glorious Wiltshire countryside.
2. It’s Possible to Commute from London
The train journey between Salisbury and London Waterloo takes – on average – 1.5 hours, and they run every 30 minutes. This is a popular commute so trains are crowded and a 12 month season ticket is expensive, costing just under £6,000. People who do the commute say it’s a pretty reliable service, but 5 days a week is exhausting.
3. 2019 is a Good Time to Buy Property in Salisbury
Local Estate Agents in Salisbury have reported a fall in property prices following the dramatic coverage of the city in 2018. News of city-wide searches for traces of the nerve agent have proved off-putting for buyers, resulting in an 8% drop in property. Salisbury sees this as a blip in the local market, but it creates an opportunity for buyers looking to move from London.
4. The City Has a Choice of Great Schools
The Sunday Times Good Schools Guide, 2019 has given 3 Salisbury schools top marks this year. The Godolphin School is Southwest Independent School of the Year, thanks to its excellent exam results. South Wilts Grammar School and Bishop Wordsworth’s School are also marked out for commendation. They’re both included in the top 10 best schools in the South West.
Schepens for Salisbury Removals
Schepens has been moving families to Salisbury for over a century now, and we’re advocates of the city’s many charms. For over a century now, our family run removals company has been seeking to minimise the anxieties caused by moving. Our Salisbury removals team will support your move throughout the planning, right through to moving day.
A Bespoke Service from a Salisbury Moving Company
There’s nothing ‘standard’ about Salisbury, just as there’s no such thing as a ‘standard’ move. That’s why we don’t offer standard moving packages. Instead, your dedicated Move Co-ordinator will tailor your bespoke move in response to your unique requirements.
The range of services we offer include:
- Packing. Our professional BAR trained packers can pack up your home efficiently, label your boxes accurately, and create a detailed inventory of your goods.
- Insurance. Schepens insurance covers your goods in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability policies, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If your move includes valuable antiques, musical instruments or fine art, we can create bespoke packing and transport.
- Storage. Schepens’ local storage facilities provide a secure, climate controlled environment for your stored goods. We can provide a door-to-door service.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
We are proud of the level of service our removals teams offer to clients. This reflects the investment we make by providing professional removals training for every employee. What our feedback tells is is that the Schepens’ team is ‘prepared to go the extra mile, ‘offers first class service’ and ‘is keen to show that nothing’s to much trouble for them’.