Norway Removal Service | Removals Norway | European Removals
Retiring to Norway? Schepens Can Help.
Norway remains a popular location for retirees from the UK, despite the fact that it’s one of the most expensive European countries to live in. So, given the fact that it can’t offer sun-drenched beaches, or cheaper property prices, why is it that Brits still make the decision to head north to enjoy their retirement in Oslo, Trondheim, Bergen or Alesund?
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON REMOVALS TO NORWAY!
5 Reasons Why Norway is a Great Place to Retire
We asked some of our clients who are now happily enjoying their retirement in Norway, why they’d decided to move there:
1. It’s a Beautiful Country to Explore
One of the top reasons for choosing Norway is the landscape. Our retirees tend to be keen hikers and skiers who want to pursue their passion. Many Norwegians are obsessive about skiing, and spend most of their weekends hiking with family and friends. If you finally have time on your hands, what better place to indulge your love of the outdoors?
2. Camping is Free
The Norwegians have a law called “allemannsrett”. This allows them to pitch their tent wherever they want, so long as it’s not on someone’s private property, or in one of the national parks. If you’re a committed camper, this makes Norway an extremely attractive option. Many of our clients tell us that ‘free holidays’ offset the high cost of living.
3. It’s a Quick Hop to the UK
One of the many criteria retirees tend to consider when choosing a country to move to is the journey time to the UK. Flights to Oslo from Manchester or London take, on average, 2 hours 5 minutes. From Birmingham it’s 3 hours 40 minutes, and from Glasgow the journey is 4 hours 45 minutes. So long as you choose your airport carefully, therefore, it’s easy to visit family in the UK, or have them visit you.
4. Norway Has Great Quality of Life
Norwegians score high on the OECD index for quality of life. The life expectancy for Norwegians is 81 which is above average. And when asked about their life satisfaction, Norwegians rated themselves at 7.5 which is higher than the 6.6 OECD average. On the whole, Norwegians embrace the simpler pleasures of life, such as family, friendship, and good locally sourced food which are easier to achieve than the wealth pursuits of many Western countries.
5. Norway is a Wealthy Country
Norway has invested its significant oil revenue in the future of the country. This makes it one of only 3 countries in the West that has managed to reduce its government debt since the 2008 global financial crisis. Living in a financially stable country is important for retirees who are likely to be dependent on health and social care services.
Schepens Removals to Norway
We’ve been moving retirees to Norway for over a century now. Whilst the majority of our movers tend to be headed for the big cities like Bergen or Oslo, we also ship to the more remote northern towns too. We love working in Norway and our removals teams are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to offering advice about day-to-day living.
Tailored European Removals
Every one of our retirees moving to Norway has unique requirements – which is what we would expect. We’ve never yet encountered a standard move, which is why we don’t of standard removals packages. Instead, we allocate dedicated Move Co-ordinators who work with movers to create a removals plan based on their specific requirements.
Schepens offers a comprehensive range of removals services, which include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained professional packers can pack up your home for you, provide detailed labelling for your boxes, and create an accurate inventory for shipping
- Insurance. Schepens provides cover for all your shipped goods whilst in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange it.
- Non-Standard Goods. There’s no reason to have to leave much-loved goods in the UK. We provide specialist packaging and shipping for antiques, works of art, and even pianos.
- Self Storage. If you require storage for furniture or goods in the UK, Schepens has local storage facilities. We provide a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
However often you’ve moved in your life, it can still be a logistical challenge – especially if you’re moving abroad. Our removals teams are professionally trained to provide proactive support, and first class removals. Our client feedback regularly notes that Schepens staff are always willing ‘to go the extra mile’ in order to reduce the stress of planning your move and shipping your goods abroad.
Schepens currently move to the following towns in Norway: Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Trondheim, Fredrikstad-Sarpsborg, Drammen, Porsgrunn-Skien, Kristiansands, Tromsø, Tonsberg, Ålesund, Haugesund, Sandefjord, Moss, Bodø, Arendal, Hamar, Larvik, Halden and Harstad.