Removals to Spain | Moving to Spain
Want To Retire to Spain? 3 Locations to Consider
Thinking about a retirement home in Spain? Unsure of which location to choose? We sympathise. Spain offers an embarrassment of riches to Brits chasing the sun and relaxation. Your choice will come down to what kind of retirement lifestyle you envisage. Do you want a home minutes from the sea? Or are you looking for the buzz and resources a city can offer?
Schepens has long been a popular provider of removals for people retiring to Spain. As a consequence we now have many movers happily settled in locations across the length and breadth of the country. We asked some of them what advice they give to people planning to retire to Spain but not yet sure where to live.
1. Alicante – For Retirees That Want it all!
Looking for beautiful beaches, but also want to remain plugged in to urban life? Alicante is the place for you. It’s on the Costa Blanca, and has to be on of the most glorious of Spain’s locations. Everything is on your doorstep, superb beaches, great places to eat, and plenty of shops. City life is a blend of invigorating stimulation, and laid-back, beachside chill.
2. The Healthiest Climate in the World – Javea
If you suffer from respiratory problems or asthma, Javea is certainly a destination to think about. The World Health Organisation believes that its low humidity (due to the presence of numerous salt lakes) is what makes it so healthy. Javea isn’t a huge town, but it’s absolutely stunning, with a population from around the world. And its location – at the foot of the Montgo Massif mountains – means that it’s never too hot.
3. Marbella for Good Food and Quiet Winters
Marbella is a wonderful place to live, and it’s home to the best food I’ve ever eaten, anywhere. It’s also a hugely popular tourist destination – in the summer. Lots of people get a bit sniffy about this influx, but for me the trade off is that I get the restaurants, old town, beaches and mountains, pretty much to myself during the winter!
Retire to Spain With Schepens
Schepens is a 4th generation removals company, and we’ve always been closely connected with Spain. We now make weekly runs to the beautiful country, with movers making new lives in a variety of cities, villages and coastal resorts. We have decades of experience to share with our movers, and the regularity of our runs means that we can offer flexible scheduling and full or part load shipping containers.
We Provide Tailored Removals
No matter how many removals to Spain we carry out, every single one is different. Which is why we don’t do ‘standard’ at Schepens. Instead a professional move co-ordinator is allocated to each mover. They’ll help you to create a bespoke removals plan, based on your specific requirements. Once complete, this becomes the basis of a FREE, no obligation removals quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. Enjoy your retirement; let Schepens’ industry trained packers take the strain. They will pack up your home in hours, label your boxes, and provide a room-by-room inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods are covered whilst in transit. Should you require additional Extended Liability or Accidental Damage cover, your move co-ordinator will arrange it for you.
- Specialist Removals. If your grand piano as an integral part of your retirement, don’t worry. Our specialist removals team are on hand. They will arrange bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Need to store furniture or goods in the UK? Schepens has a number of local storage facilities that are dry, clean and secure.
- Transport. Your goods will be transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
A Stress-Free Start to Your Retirement in Spain
The last thing you want is to begin your retirement frazzled and anxious. Schepens has built quite a reputation for itself as a provider of stress-free removals. The secret is that we care about our movers and are prepared to go the extra mile on their behalf. Our professional removals team will do everything they can to ensure that you start your new life relaxed and smiling.