Removals to Canada | Removals to Vancouver from UK | International Removals | Removals to Canada from UK
Schepens Provide International Removals to Vancouver
There are plenty of reasons to consider moving to Vancouver, but perhaps its location is the most obvious. This stunning seaport offers you the possibility of sunbathing on Kitsilano Beach in the morning and visiting one of the three North Shore ski-resorts in the afternoon. The temperate climate is also a big draw; the city hits an average of 22o℃ in the summer and 6-8o℃ in the winter – which is positively tropical for this part of the world!
Vancouver has a booming economy, making it one of the most attractive locations for expats. The headline growth sectors are software development (especially video games), biotechnology and film. The city has acquired the nickname ‘Hollywood North’ due to its rapidly growing film industry. It’s now the 3rd largest film and TV production centre in North America.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Vancouver.
Migration to Vancouver
There are a number of ways to approach your move to Vancouver. Young people can apply for a working holiday permit giving them 12 or 24 months in the country. People relocating to the city for work, tend to do so on a temporary foreign worker permit. Otherwise there is the permanent residency permit. If you’re planning to move to Canada for good, and you don’t have family there, the recommended route is via an immigration specialist who can help you to find the right option for your specific circumstances.
Healthcare in Vancouver
The Canadian healthcare system is called ‘Medicare’ and it’s highly rated for its quality and efficiency by Canadians. It’s funded partly by the government, and by federal income and insurance premiums. Once you arrive in Vancouver, you can buy temporary medical insurance whilst you’re waiting for your Health Insurance Card application to process.
Housing in Vancouver
The cost of living is high in Vancouver and the housing market is both expensive, and extremely competitive. Downtown rentals are the most expensive, and they’re hard to come by. Alternatives include Yaletown, which is an up-and coming neighbourhood, Gastown which is one of the most historic residential areas, and Coal Harbour which is an affluent area populated mostly by retirees and older professionals.
Choosing a Removals Partner for Your Move to Vancouver
Planning an international move is daunting, no matter how many times you do it. Schepens has been helping families with their removals to Canada from UK for over a century now. We understand the logistics of both planning and executing the move, and our dedicated Move Co-ordinators will guide you through the process from start to finish.
We know that every move is different, which is why we create bespoke packages to suit the specific needs of our clients. Our goal is always to reduce the stresses associated with moving, which is why we endeavour to ensure you feel in control, but supported by a team of professionals whom you can depend on.
A Range of Schepens Services for International Removals
- Packing – Our professional packers are BAR trained to ensure high quality service. They can pack up your home in a few hours, or help with specific rooms. They label all the boxes for ease of unpacking, and create a detailed inventory as part of the process.
- Insurance – Schepens insures all goods in transit, but if clients want additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Items – if you need bespoke transport for antiques, fine art or musical instruments, we can arrange specialist packing and transport arrangements.
- Storage – should you need to put furniture or goods in UK storage, we can arrange a door-to-door service. You container will be delivered where and when you want it. Once packed it will be sealed and transported to Schepens local storage facilities.
- Shipping – we ship regularly to Vancouver which means we’re able to offer flexible scheduling. Dependent on the size of your move we can offer shared or dedicated container space.
- Transport – the road-based components of your move will take place in one of our fleet of state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Professional Removals to Vancouver from UK
We’re proud of our flawless record on international removals to Canada. This is largely due to our removals teams who place customers at the heart of everything they do. Their proactive problem solving, professional service at every stage, and a detailed knowledge of the countries they ship to, provides professional support every step of the way.
Schepens specialise in moving to the largest towns and cities in Canada, including: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, Winnipeg, Brampton, Hamilton, Quebec City, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, London, Markham, Vaughan, Gatineau, Longueuil and Barnaby.