Belgium Removals | International Moves to Belgium
Removals to Bruges
Located north-west Belgium, Bruges is the capital and largest city of the province of West Flanders. It’s the seventh largest city in the country, with a population of 117,260. Bruges is world famous for being one of the ‘must see’ cities in Europe – thanks to its stunning medieval architecture.
Expats say that living in Bruges allows you to have one foot in the past whilst also enjoying all the advantages of a contemporary, thriving city. Its charms are easily accessed by by taking a leisurely stroll through its historic steets, but there are 3 highlights Bruges offers which are extra-special:
1. A Marvellous Market Square
Having served as a marketplace for many centuries, the Market Square is packed with fascinating history – all to be discovered at your own pace. Bruges is the ideal place to indulge in the jaw-dropping, medieval architecture. The market square is absolutely beautiful, and features a majestic Belfry tower which looms overt the impressive Provincial Palace. Be sure to grab some specially crafted Belgian chocolates from a nearby chocolatier, or enjoy freshly made frites with mayonnaise. Take a moment, relax on a bench and breathe it all in.
2. Get to Know Bruges by Boat
Upon arriving to Bruges, expats always recommend touring the canals of Bruges by boat. At only €8 for a half-an-hour boat trip, this activity is a superb way to enrich your experience of living in Bruges. Whilst walking around Bruges is a great way to view the cities’ personality, you’ll get an entirely unique perspective from a boat. Tour guides are included too, which add a layer of historical insight to the tour, and are spoken in four languages.
3. The French Fries Museum
There are loads of extraordinary historic buildings, and glorious art galleries to spend time in across the city. If you’re looking for a quirky and unique experience, however, take a look at the French Fries Museum. It’s housed in one of Bruges’ beautiful historic houses, and it takes visitors through the history of the potato, fries, and condiments.
Schepens – A Fourth Generation Business
Schepens is a family run removals business that’s been providing European removals to a range of International destinations for over a century. We provide first class removals to Belgian cities several times each week; and this means we can offer flexible scheduling and competitive pricing. We appoint a dedicated Move Co-ordinator to every client, who will work with you throughout the moving process. Our removals teams know their way around Belgium, and are trained professionals who will offer continual guidance and advice throughout your move.
Client-Centred Removals to Bruges
Schepens don’t offer standard moving packages because every move has unique requirements. Instead, we take time to investigate what kind of support you need for your removals to Bruges; then we create a specialist package of services for you. Our crucial objective has always been to reduce the stress of moving – especially when the destination is as wonderful as Bruges.
Schepens Offer a Range of Services Which Include:
- Packing – our professional BAR trained packers can pack up your home in preparation for shipping. They’ll provide detailed labelling for each box, and compile a comprehensive inventory.
- Insurance – your goods will be covered whilst they’re in transit. We can provide additional Accidental Damage and Extended Liability insurance if you require it.
- Non Standard Goods – if you’re shipping musical instruments, fine art or valuable antiques we can arrange for bespoke packaging and shipping.
- Storage – if you would like to store goods or furniture, Schepens has local self storage facilities. We can arrange door-to-door delivery to our secure, climate controlled facilities.
- Removals Vehicles – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures minimal or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens ‘Go the Extra Mile’
We’re a leading European removals company with the aim of delivering first class removals for clients. Our professional removals teams appreciate this as the core principal to our customer service. We are proud of the standard of support we consistently provide, and we’re always looking for strategies to minimise the sense of unease that moving to Belgium can create.
“We wanted to say that it has been a pleasure dealing with Schepens from start to finish! Everyone has been so helpful, and certainly made the move less stressful.”
We have helped many families with international removals to Belgium across a wide variety of cities, including — Antwerp, Ghent, Charleloi, Liege, Brussels, Bruges, Schaerbeek, Namur, Anderlecht and Leuven.