Removals Poole | Removals to Poole | Moving to Poole | UK Removals
Schepens Provide First-Class Removals Poole
I suspect that for many of you reading, mention of Poole brings back happy memories of childhood holidays, and fish and chips on the harbour. Like many of the seaside towns on the south coast, Poole has worked hard to reinvent itself over the past few decades and – whilst it remains a popular holiday destination – it’s now become attractive place for families to live and work in as well.
One of the towns’s top attractions remains the 4.8 km of beautiful sandy beaches stretching from Sandbanks, right through to neighbouring Bournemouth. The quayside area is also extremely popular with visitors; the historic architecture has been refurbished and the shell shops have gone but the traditional pubs are still there, alongside a huge choice of places to eat.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a free, no-obligation quote on removals Devon.
Where to Live in Poole?
Poole Quay is a prime location offering 1-3 bedroom apartments with glorious sea views. Lower Parkstone is recommended if you want to live near the town centre, as is Lilliput. Corfe Mullen is on the outskirts of Poole and properties are a little cheaper here, but you would definitely need a car to access facilities. On average, detached houses in Poole cost just under £500,000, and semi-detached properties were around £288,000. Waterfront flats (2 bedroom) are around £384,00.
What’s the Commute Like?
Dorset is one of the counties that Londoners consider as a possible location for weekend homes, or even for their prime location. There are regular trains to King’s Cross that take on average 2.5 hours and the drive is – on average – 3 hours. It’s a possible commute, therefore but it would certainly wear you down if you had to do it every single day!
Employment in Portsmouth?
Poole is considered the fifth best area for start up businesses outside London, with over 3,000 new initiatives being supported by Poole’s Economic Development Team each year. There’s also recently been news of a boost for the town’s employment figures as Dorset Cereals has relocated from Poundbury to Poole. The employment rate for both Poole and Bournemouth is 77%, with just under half of Poole’s population in full-time employment.
Where Are the Best Schools?
The Baden Powell & St Johns CE is probably the most highly regarded junior school in the town, situated in Lower Parkstone. Poole Old Town Infant School & Nursery re-opened in 2016 and has received a good Ofsted report. Poole Grammar School has an excellent reputation for secondary education, as has Parkstone Grammar School for Girls.
Looking for First-Class Removals Poole
Schepens knows Poole well; we’ve been moving families to the town for over a century now. As a local house removals company we’ve seen huge changes in the town since the early 1900s, but our movers still experience the same anxieties on moving day, and we continue to support them in whatever ways we can.
We know that every move is unique in its own way, which is why we provide bespoke removals for each individual client. How does that work? We take time early on to find out what your specific requirements are and then we match our services to those needs.
Schepens services include:
- Packing – our BAR trained professional removals team will pack for you using professional, durable materials, label your boxes accurately, and create a detailed inventory. They can pack your whole house in hours, or clear just one room on moving day. If you prefer to pack yourself, we will provide you with professional packaging.
- Non-Standard Removals – if you have works of art, or valuable antiques that need a bespoke removals process, we can arrange this. We also have a piano removals service.
- Insurance – all your goods are covered by insurance whilst they’re in transit. Should you require extra peace of mind, we can arrange enhanced cover which includes accidental damage, and extended liability.
- Storage – should you need to store furniture, goods, or valuable items, Schepens can provide a door-to-door service to support you. We’ll deliver your container when and where you need it; our packers can load the container if required, and then your goods are transported securely to one of Schepens’ fully-managed storage facilities.
- Transport – your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Professional Removals to Poole
As a local removals company, we are able to provide clients with a team who know the area well. They will be able to advise on the best times of the day to move, the least busy routes into the city, and local transport links. They’ll even ensure that parking is available outside your house for unloading. Schepens removals Poole teams are proactive problem solvers, and our feedback attests to the fact that they always go the extra mile for clients.
We have helped people to move to all areas around Poole including removals to: Wimbourne Minster, Ashington, Corfe Mullen, Hampreston, Merley, Bear Cross, Ferndown, Kingston Lacy, Cowgrave, and Sandbanks.