Living in Farnborough | Removals to Farnborough
Looking to move out of the city – but still need to commute? Farnborough is a great Hampshire location which often gets overlooked. Unless you love all thing aeronautical, in which case it’s probably very much on your radar. Farnborough is home to a massive biennial air show and sits just 50 minutes by train west of Waterloo.
Schepens has been offering removals to Farnborough for over a century, and this handsome Victorian town is a firm favourite with commuters. We asked some of our movers who are now permanent residents what it’s like to live and work there.
1. If You Like Planes You’ll Like Farnborough
Farnborough is the place where the first powered flight took off in 1908, and that has defined its development in so many ways. I work in the aeronautical sector – which is one of the major employers in the area – so I feel at home here. The air show is great; it livens up the town as people travel from across the globe to attend.
2. Farnborough is Fine
We wanted to move to Hampshire but were still tied to London by work. Farnborough gave us a reasonably sized family house, a garden and easy access to country walks, and easy access to all our favourite holiday spots in the south west. Will we stay here forever? No. But for now it’s just fine.
3. A Dull Town Centre
The worst thing about Farnborough is the town centre. It’s been gutted by shopping malls over the decades, and it needs a serious makeover. Having said that, there’s some lovely local shops, and all the supermarkets etc., that you could want. We don’t tend to go into the centre much; instead, we’ll go to Woking, Guildford, or Farnham – all close by and much prettier.
4. Farnborough is Great for Family Life
We moved to Farnborough 4 years ago and we’re perfectly happy living here. Having swapped a cramped London flat for a 3-bed house we’re still enjoying the extra space and our kids really love it. There’re plenty of nice parks to visit, shopping is really easy and local, and we’ve made friends via the school. No complaints.
Schepens Offers Stress-Free Hampshire Removals
We’re a local removals company, with 4 generations of removals experience behind us. Our aim has always been to remove the stresses of moving house for our movers, and we’d proud of the reputation we’ve gained for doing just that. If you’re planning removals to Farnborough, we offer free no obligation removals quotes that are both accurate and detailed, and flexible scheduling is part of our service.
Tailored Farnborough Removals
Whether you’re moving to Farnborough from London, from overseas, or from just a few streets away, we’ll tailor your move for you. Every mover is allocated a move co-ordinator who will create a personalised removals plan, based on your requirements, and they’ll be available for support at every stage of the process.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. Need help with packing? Our BAR trained packers will pack up your home in hours using sturdy and sustainable materials.
- Insurance. Your goods will be insured whilst they’re in transit. If you would like additional Extended Liability or Accidental Damage cover, we can arrange it.
- Specialist Removals. Are you moving a piano, fine art, or antiques? Our specialist removals team is experienced in dealing with a range of non-standard items.
- Self Storage. If you discover that you need storage, either before your move or once you are settled, Schepens has a number of local storage facilities in Hampshire.
- Transport. Your goods are transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Removals Company Goes The Extra Mile
“Thank you Schepens for being so helpful with all our inquiries. We have used you twice and both times your service has been outstanding. Thank you to the drivers they didn’t let us left a finger, very kind, helpful and polite. I highly recommend schepens, we would definitely use you again in future.”