Moving to Portsmouth | Removal Company for Portsmouth
Relocating to Portsmouth is Stress-Free with Schepens
We’ve been relocating clients to Portsmouth for over 100 years now. Over the past century we must have moved thousands of families to this beautiful part of the world. We’re a local Portsmouth moving service located in Hampshire and, even when the move is completed, we’re always fascinated always like to hear from movers how they’re getting on in their new home. Many of them have moved from London, and are eager to pass on information to others thinking about taking the leap.
Here’s some useful advice we’ve heard from clients we’ve moved to Portsmouth over the last couple of years.
1. There’s So Much To Do!
Many of our clients worried that Portsmouth might seem to be a bit of a backwater after London. But nothing could be further from the case, it seems. There’s been huge amounts of regeneration funding poured into the city which now buzzes with events, shopping, arts and restaurants. There’s always something new going on at Gunwharf Quays and the sheer volume of port traffic makes it a great place to live.
2. The Traffic System Can Get Congested
Portsmouth used to be an island, land is still pretty much surrounded by sea. This means that the ways in and out of the city are limited to just 3 roads. This is a constant cause of complaint for movers who have to negotiate the city’s road system at peak times. On the plus side, many say that they’ve given up using the car and now enjoy the health benefits of walking to and from work.
3. Buy Somewhere With Parking
Despite the traffic congestion, plenty of people commute into Portsmouth from nearby towns and cities. This means that parking can be at a premium on weekdays. Lots of our movers recommend taking time to find a property with plenty of private parking. Portsmouth property prices are a pleasant surprise for London movers, so it’s worth taking the time to get it just right!
4. People Are More Connected
One of the things we hear again and again is how community oriented Portsmouth is. People tend to get involved in music projects, art projects and local radio. Thanks to the local university, there’s always a buzz of activities in the city. And there’s a nice mix of transient visitors and settled communities – some of which go back generations.
5. It’s a Great Place for Kids
Families with children that move from London to Portsmouth find their quality of life is instantly improved by the vast array of outdoor opportunities on offer. Of course there’s the sea, and numerous beautiful beaches nearby. There’s also the wild heathland of the New Forest, and Portsmouth’s historic dockyard to explore.
Schepens Provides a Range of Portsmouth Moving Services
Our long experience of relocating movers to Portsmouth tells us that every move is unique. Which is why we tailor every move to the specific requirements of our clients. Your removals plan is created together with a dedicated Move Co-Ordinator, and our free, no obligation quote derives directly from it. Why so much emphasis on the bespoke? Because at Schepens we believe in minimising the stress of moving, and feeling in control of the experience is a major part of that.
Schepens offers a range of Portsmouth moving services, which include:
- Packing: Our BAR trained professionals can pack up your home for you, label all your boxes, and create a detailed room-by-room inventory.
- Insurance: We create the insurance cover you need for peace of mind. Schepens insures all your goods in transit, but we can also arrange Extended Liability and Accidental Damage.
- Non-Standard Goods: If you’re planning to move a piano to Portsmouth, or to transport fine art, or antique furniture, we can provide bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage: Should you need to place furniture or goods in storage, Schepens has local facilities in Hampshire. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate controlled environment.
- Removals Vehicles: Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Excellent Customer Service Providers
We pride ourselves on the level of service we offer to our clients, from their first phone call to the completion of their move. Our removals teams are locally recruited and professionally trained. For over a century now our aim has been to provide clients with stress-free UK removals. We do this by working proactively to solve problems if they occur, and by always being willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for our clients.
“I would just like to say a big thank you to the guys who did an absolute sterling job with the move. They made our lives a whole lot easier!”