Relocating to Germany | Removals to Germany | UK to Germany Removals
If you’re relocating from the UK Germany for work, you’re part of a gowing trend; the Germany Trade & Invest Agency (GTIA) has reported a 20% increase of businesses moving there and it’s expecting that this will increase further. Whilst job relocation is one of the primary reasons for moving, the 107,000 UK expatriates also include numerous Brits who are looking for a better quality of life, or a new start in Europe.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Germany.
Germany is attractive to both businesses and individuals because it is so successful economically; unemployment is low, the standard of living is high, and it boasts a rich multi-ethnic culture. The top city destinations for expats moving to Germany are Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt. All three destinations are considered ‘world cities’ with a high proportion of foreigners living there.
Whatever your reason for moving, and whatever your location, Schepens Removals has been helping people relocate to Germany for over a hundred years. As a fourth generation, family-run removals company our goal is simple, to put the experience we have gained at the service of our clients. We aim at creating stress-free removals with the support of a BAR trained professional Schepens team.
We Can Provide Local Knowledge
We place customer service at the heart of our removals work, and feedback tells us that working with teams who have local knowledge is valued highly. Our service is all about just the practicalities of packing, loading and transporting your goods, but it’s also about being able to offer tips and advice on the city you’re moving to, and the culture you can expect:
- Learn the Language – whilst it’s true the most city-dwelling Germans speak English, it’s expected that foreigners learn to speak German if they’re planning to live there. Adult Education Centres offer courses that provide language tuition.
- Germany has a Rule-Based Culture – it may be the basis for British jokes about Germans, but it’s also a reality. Living in Germany means learning about the many unwritten rules such as not jaywalking, or butting into a queue.
- Renting Property in Germany – over half of the properties in Germany are rented rather than owned. If you’re thinking of renting, be aware that you’ll probably need to provide bathroom and kitchen fittings.
- Hoorah for Public Transport! – this is second-to-none in Germany. Buses and trains run on time, they’re clean and cost effective. Public transport really is a great way to get around in the city.
- Everything Closes on a Sunday – it comes as something of a culture shock to expats, but shops close on Saturday evening and don’t re-open until Monday morning. Sunday is still a day of rest in Germany, so plan ahead and enjoy it.
Let Schepens Help You Relocate to Germany
We offer a range of cost-effective removals services to help you with your relocation:
- Packing – our professionally BAR trained removals teams can support you with your packing. If you prefer to do it yourself, we can provide high quality, durable materials for packing.
- Customs & Inventory – you will be assigned a move co-ordinator who will be happy to compile your inventory and manage your customs paperwork for you.
- Insurance – we offer a range of insurance options, including extended liability and accidental damage.
- Storage – should you wish to store furniture or goods whilst you are away, Schepens provides secure management at their dedicated storage sites.
Schepens perform removals to and from all major towns, cities and areas of Germany including Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Essen, Bremen, Dresden, Leipzig and Hanover.