Relocating to Dubai | International Removals Company | UK to Dubai Removals | International Removals to Dubai
Relocating to Dubai With Schepens International Removals
Not so long ado, Dubai was known for its oil industry and nothing else. Now it has exploded onto the world scene as a spectacular city attracting visitors and expats from around the world. The Emirate has invested their oil revenue heavily in Dubai, and worked hard to make it a global tourist location. If you like shopping, then Dubai is a ‘must’; it’s known as the ‘shopping capital of the Middle East’ and boasts 70 shopping centres, one of which is the largest in the world.
Beyond shopping, the city also has numerous beautiful beaches and Dubai Creek sits at the heart of the city. It’s home to an array of tourist attractions from exotic bird shows to camel rides. Dominating the skyscraper skyline is the Burj Khalifa. At 829.8 metres, it’s the highest building in the world and offers a cool observatory deck, allowing visitors to take in the city and surrounding desert.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 to book a no obligation removals quotation from our Dubai removalists.
UK to Dubai Removals With Schepens
If you’re relocating to Dubai it’s probably business-related, as the majority of the city’s population are expats from around the world. Schepens has moved a number of professionals and their families to this ‘melting pot’ of a city, and we have a good deal of local knowledge that we are able to share with our clients. We’ve been managing international removals to Dubai for over a century now, so you can trust us to ‘know the ropes’.
Relocating to Dubai from UK isn’t straightforward, especially when moving for a limited period. If this is the first time you’ve managed an international move, you may want an experienced project manager to oversee the process. Schepens allocates dedicated Move Co-ordinators, with local knowledge, to every client. Our aim is always to streamline international removals and make them just a little less stressful.
Three Things to Think About When Relocating to Dubai
- An Expat Culture – if you’re working in Dubai, you’ll probably live an opulent lifestyle with excellent facilities. It’s important to note, though, that the city is full of expat communities doing exactly the same, and they don’t tend to mix much.
- Driving is Difficult – you will need to apply for a UAE driving permit when your residence permit is issued, but that is probably the easiest part of the process. Dubai roads look amazing but are reportedly awful to drive on. This is due to endless construction, poor signage and a lack of awareness when it comes to indicating.
- Dubai is a City in a Desert – the 21st century city of Dubai was created in the 1990s and has no urban history prior to that. It’s a city built on commerce without an easily accessible heritage. Expats talk about the difficulty of living in a city that demonstrates its fabulous wealth at every turn, but provides little or no evidence of a cultural history.
Schepens’ Services for International Removal to Dubai
We have the experience to know that every single move is unique and needs a bespoke package of services. Your Move Co-ordinator will work through your requirements in detail when preparing your no obligation quotation. Schepens offers a range of services to meet your needs, which include:
- Storage – if you’re moving for or fixed-term period, you’ll probably require storage for your goods in the UK. Schepens provides a door-to-door storage service which works like this: a container is delivered to your door and our packing team can help with packing if you wish. An inventory is created and signed off, then your goods are transported to one of our secure storage facilities.
- Non-Standard Items – if you have any particularly valuable, or fragile items that you wish you ship to Dubai, your Move Co-ordinator can create a bespoke removals process for them.
- Insurance – all your goods are insured by Schepens whilst in transit. If, however, you would like further cover, such as accidental damage or extended liability, we can arrange it for you.
- Packing – all our professional packers are BAR trained, meaning that they provide a skilled and cost-effective service. They’ll pack up your house, or just one of the rooms. Your goods will be packed in durable boxes, labelled accurately and a detailed inventory will be compiled. If you’d rather pack yourself, we can provide the packaging.
- Flexible Scheduling – we ship to Dubai regularly which means we can offer flexible scheduling and competitive pricing on both dedicated and shared container space.
Schepens employees take pride in their work, and are always willing to go the extra mile for customers. We’re delighted to have a flawless record of customer success on our international removals. This is largely due to the dedication of our staff, the skills they bring, and the proactive attitude they apply at all times.