Move to Belgium | Removals to Belgium
Relocating to Belgium
Belgium may not be the largest country in the EU but it certainly packs a powerful global punch. Brussels is the home of the European Parliament, as well as NATO, and the European Commission. This ensures its place as a modern international city, with a history dating back to its medieval foundations. Relocating to Belgium provides a feast of cities to explore, from the dynamic student friendly Liege, to the ‘Art Deco Capital’, Ghent.
Schepens has been moving families, students and solo professionals to Belgium for over a century now, and we welcome the opportunities we have to travel regularly this beautiful country. Many of our movers are relocating to Brussels for work, but we also provide removals to all the main cities. We asked some of our movers who’re now settled in Belgium for their reflections on living here.
1. Living and Working in Brussels
It’s possible to commute from the UK to Brussels, but that would mean missing out on so much. Brussels doesn’t call itself the capital of Europe, but it feels like that if you live here. The result is that you feel part of the city as soon as you arrive, because it’s full of other people from around the world. Foods, arts, shopping and travel are superb in this open and diverse city – it’s a great place to live.
2. Energy and Rain in Antwerp
Living in Antwerp feels a bit like being in a small and manageable version of London. It’s an incredibly dynamic city with a great vibe. Antwerp is a cycle-friendly city, and if you can’t be bothered with that, public transport is cheap and efficient. The art scene is avant-garde, fashion is awe inspiring and the food is to die for. Yes, it rains a lot – but that’s a great excuse to dash into a cafe for a coffee.
3. Good Looking Ghent
No kidding, moving to Ghent gives you an overload of photo opportunities. Ghent is easily as beautiful as Bruges but it’s less reliant on tourism. The university means that the population is young, and diverse. And they’ve had a huge impact on the culture. This is an unapologetically ‘green’ city, with more than its fair share of vegan and vegetarian restaurants – all serving delicious food. It’s also a relaxing city to navigate – the centre is dominated by bike and walking zones.
4. The ‘Glowing City’ of Liege
Expats move to Lieges because of its size (pretty big), the work available here, and its location. Liege sits between Germany, France and the Netherlands and the university is, therefore, a diverse mix of students from these countries. The nightlife is great, the city is a mixture of medieval cobbles and contemporary architecture. Best of all though is ‘La Batte’; a massive Sunday Farmers’ market on the Meuse River.
Schepens Provides Removals to Belgium
We’re a 4th generation, family-run business that relocated to Britain from Belgium in the early years of the 20th century. Since then our lives have been dedicated to providing stress-free European removals in the UK. Schepens makes journeys to Belgium several times a week. For this reason we’re able to offer our movers flexible scheduling, and a choice of either full or part load shipping for their destination.
Tailored Removals to Towns and Cities Across Belgium
Whether you’re moving to Belgium for a year or a lifetime, your removals process will be unique to you and your circumstances. That’s why we don’t offer ‘standard removals’ at Schepens. Instead we allocate a professional Move Co-ordinator who works with every client to create their bespoke removals plan. Once your plan is complete, it becomes the basis of your FREE no obligation removals quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. If packing up your home makes you feel queasy, let our professional packers do it for you. They’ll complete the job in hours, label every box, and create a detailed room-by-room inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured in transit. If, however, you want additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance cover, your Move Co-ordinator can arrange it for you.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to ship antique furniture, fine art or even a piano to Belgium, Schepens specialist removals team can help. We assess each item and provide bespoke packaging, handling and removals.
- Self Storage in the UK. Should you need to put furniture or household items in storage in the UK, Schepens has a number of local storage facilities. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Stress-Free Removals From Schepens
We encounter a good deal of movers’ stress in our business, and our job is to reduce it by providing a safe pair of hands for each of our customers. We guarantee this by ensuring that all our employees are trained to industry standards. They’re professionals who are confidant, proactive problem solvers and each one of them is prepared to go the extra mile for our customers.