Bergen Removals | Moving to Oslo | Life in Tromso
Where are the Best Places to Live in Norway?
If you’re planning a move to Norway you’ll find you have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to deciding on where to live. Just about every major town or city comes with its own particular blend of stunning scenery, amazing food and friendly communities. Your choice is likely to come down to how far north you want to move, what kind of work you’re looking for, and the size of town you want to move to.
Schepens has been moving families to locations across Norway for over a century now. We know the country well and we’re delighted to have the chance to travel regularly across it. One of the questions we regularly get asked is “Where are the best places to live in Norway?”, so we asked some of our clients now living there to give us their opinion.
Moving to Oslo is more like setting up home in a small town than a capital city – which is what most people love about it. The accent is on its young population, and it feels like a place that’s still got a huge amount of potential to explore. There’s always new buildings going up, or new neighbourhoods becoming the latest place to check out. And, you can use your weekends exploring the stunning scenery just outside the city.
The sheer beauty of Bergen takes your breath away. It’s famous for the Hanseatic Wharf – or ‘Bryggen’ – which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll find a mixture of cobbled alleyways and brightly painted wooden houses which make you smile no matter how long you live here. Bergen is quieter than the capital, but has a rich cultural life and feels really hip. The town is known as ‘The Gateway to the Fjords’ and – of course – it has the sea too.
Way up in the Arctic Circle, Tromso is not for the faint-hearted. Those who are willing to brave the dark, cold winters, though, are rewarded with regular Northern Light shows, some of the most stunning locations in Norway and a really friendly community that welcomes newcomers. Tromso is the unlikely venue for a hugely popular international film festival that happens at the end of January each year.
Anyone who’s visited Trondheim tends to remember it with a nostalgic sigh of pleasure. This stately town was once the Viking capital and it’s retained its sense of grandeur. Visitors tend to make for the impressive Gothic cathedral, but if you live here you’re more likely to enjoy wandering beside the river Nidelva, exploring the converted wooden warehouses or exploring the medieval student quarter.
Schepens Provides Removals to Norway
Schepens is a family-run, fourth generation UK moving company that’s been providing European removals to Norway for over 100 years now. As a specialist provider we travel several times a week to Norway – summer and winter – and know its towns and cities really well. This means we’re able to offer flexible schedules to our customers, and the option of full or part load shipping.
Tailored Removals From Schepens
Whether you’re moving into the Arctic Circle, or to the more accessible Oslo, a move to Norway can feel overwhelming. That’s why we tailor our removals services to the specific requirements of our movers. A Schepens Move Co-ordinator will help you to develop a bespoke removal plan, and it’s this that will form the basis of your FREE no obligation removal quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. If your heart sinks at the thought of packing, let our professionals do your packing for you. In hours your house will be packed, boxes labelled and a full shipping itinerary completed. We’ll also complete your customs forms for you.
- Insurance. Your shipped goods are insured during transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange it for you.
- Specialist Removals. If you’re planning to move a piano, a piece of fine art, or a rare antique, our specialist removals team will ensure its safe passage with bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you require storage in the UK for furniture or goods whilst you’re away, Schepens has a number of local storage depots. We provide door-to-door delivery, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Looking For Stress-Free Removals?
Our goal has always been to remove the stresses of overseas removals, and we take pride in the reputation we’ve built for just that. How do we do it? Every one of our employees is trained to industry standards and considers themselves a removals professional. They’re confident problem solvers, therefore, and each one is willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
“We have recently returned from our new house in Norway and I wanted to say thank you for all your help. Our container arrived just a few hours before we did and after unpacking everything we are delighted to report that there were absolutely no breakages whatsoever! Thank you so much for packing it so expertly. Your expertise made the whole process very easy for us and we will have no hesitation in recommending your services to anyone who needs to move belongings abroad. Thank you once again for all your help.”