Removals to Washington | International Removals from the UK
Moving to Washington DC
It may look like a city from the outside, but moving to Washington DC is often described as arriving in a small country with a distinct culture. ‘The District’, as it’s known to locals, is the US capital city and its unique skyline is iconic. It’s home to the White House which makes it a primary destination for visitors and professionals from around the globe, and yet it manages to feel compact and easy to navigate.
Schepens travels to the USA regularly and has provided Washington removals to clients moving there for work or to live. Despite being frequent visitors, however, we don’t know what it’s like to live there. So we asked some of our clients who’d made their home there. This is what they told us.
1. You Won’t Need a Car
There’s pretty much every mode of transport you can imagine operating across the city – and yet the roads are still constantly snarled up! Just a couple of weeks in Washington is long enough to persuade you to use two wheels rather than four. Or walk. Or use the metrobus, or the commuter rail services. It’s a great city that’s badly in need of a car ban in the centre.
2. There’s Plenty of Parks
Pretty much everyone living in the city has a park just 10 minutes walk away from them. They cover around a fifth of the urban area. Rock Creek Park is stupendous. It puts New York’s Central Park in the shade, and it’s twice the size. It’s great for hiking or picnics; there’s a scattering of historic buildings to explore, and there’s a planetarium to visit.
3. Buying or Renting is Expensive
There are severe restrictions on building new homes in Washington, so scarcity just keeps on driving prices up. Add to that a population boom over the past couple of years (there are now 7.5 million residents in the city) and it’s clear why housing costs a fortune. Renting even a modest one bedroom apartment near to transport links can now cost $2,000 a month.
4. It’s a Great City to Live In
Every city has its problems, but the advantages certainly outweigh them in Washington DC. There’s great sports stadia, whether you love basketball, football (soccer), or hockey. Some of the greatest museums in the US are located in the city and many of them offer free access or activities. There’s an annual Jazz festival, and every kind of performance at the Kennedy Centre.
Schepens Provides Removals to Washington DC
Schepens is a leading international removals company based in the UK. We’ve been providing removals to and from all the major US cities for over 100 years now. We travel to Washington regularly which means that we’re able to offer flexible scheduling to clients planning their move to the US. We can also offer full or part load shipping to the city.
Tailored USA Removals
We know from experience that no two removals to Washington DC are the same. That’s why every move to the city is treated as a unique planning process. Our clients are allocated a professional Move Co-ordinator who will develop a tailored removals plan reflecting your specific requirements. This bespoke plan then forms the basis of our FREE no obligation quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. Our BAR trained removals staff can pack up your home, label your boxes, and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods will be insured during transit. If you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange this for you.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you want to ship a piano, a work of art or antiques to or from Washington, Schepens can provide bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. For clients moving from the UK, Schepens can provide local storage should you require it. We offer a door-to-door service, and a secure environment.
- Removals Vehicles. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Focus on Customers
Schepens has always pursued a goal of stress free removals for our international removals, European and UK removals. In order to achieve this, we invest in industry standard training for all our staff. This means that we can guarantee professional removals teams, who are able to proactively problem solve, and who are always willing to go the extra mile for customers.