Moving to Vancouver From the UK
You may be relocating to Vancouver for work, taking advantage of a 2 year working holiday visa, or moving to the city to start a new life. Whatever your reasons for moving to Vancouver from the UK, you’ve got a massive adventure ahead of you. The city was recently ranked as one of the best places to live in the world. It’s easy to see why; the location couldn’t be better, perched between the North Shore mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Schepens has been moving clients to this vibrant city for over 100 years now. We love working in this region, but that’s very different to living there. We asked some of our clients how they found living in Vancouver, and here are some of their responses:
1. The Ultimate Outdoors City.
Whether you love sailing, hiking, kayaking, mountain climbing, or ocean swimming, Vancouver is the perfect place to indulge for the outdoors. Even if you arrive in the city determined to resist the call of the outdoors, you’re likely to be tempted by the numerous opportunities on offer.
2. It’s a Safe City to Live in.
Vancouver has a great record for being a safe place to live and work. Of course, there are areas to avoid, like in any city, but on the whole it’s safe to walk most places, most times of the day. The safest areas of the city tend to be on the west side, such as South Cambie, Arbutus Ridge, or Shaugnessy.
3. It Rains a Lot.
Vancouver is the third most rainy city in Canada. On average rain falls on 161 days per annum – which is just under half the days in any given year. During the summer months, however, the wet season gives way to drought conditions and temperatures of around 32ºC. Vancouver is the most temperate of Canada’s cities, and it avoids the extreme winter experienced further east.
4. Vancouver is an Expensive City.
The Mercer Quality of Living report, ranks Vancouver as the most expensive city in Canada. Our clients tell us that food – especially fresh food – is noticeably more expensive than in the UK. This is due to the fact that much of it is imported. These prices tend to be offset, however, by cheaper housing and transport across the city.
5. It’s a Long Way From the UK.
If you’re moving to Vancouver from the UK , you’ll need to be happy with long haul flights. Flying times average 12 hours. Many of our clients find this difficult, and say that their friends and family feel an awfully long way away. It’s also a major expense to fly between the two locations if you’re planning to make regular trips back home.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Vancouver from the UK.
Schepens Provides Removals to Vancouver
We take pride in the fact that Schepens has been offering high quality international removals for over a century. In that time we’re regularly moved clients to all areas of Canada, including Vancouver. Our aim has always been to provide stress-free removals. We manage to achieve this, thanks to our knowledgeable and experienced removals teams.
Tailored Removals to Canada
For many of our clients, moving to Vancouver is a huge logistical challenge to manage. Our Move Co-ordinators are there to help with every stage of this process. First, they’ll work with you to develop your tailored removals plan. Then they’ll help you to create useful checklists to help with the moving process. When it comes to shipping your goods, they’ll ensure that everything goes smoothly both in the UK and in Canada.
Schepens removals services include:
- Packing. Our professional packers are BAR trained to the UK professional standard. They can help you pack up your home, and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods with be covered whilst they’re in transit. If you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange this for you.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re wanting to take valuable antiques, art works, or even a piano to Canada with you, we can arrange bespoke packaging, handling and transport.
- Self Storage. If you’re travelling to Canada for a time-limited period, you may wish to put goods into storage. Schepens provides secure storage, with a door-to-door service.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Offers Second-to-None Customer Service
Everything we do is driven by one question: “How can we best serve out clients?” That’s why all our removals teams are professionally trained to provide exemplary, proactive service. Our clients feedback that our employees are ‘first-class professionals’ who work tirelessly, and are always prepared to go the extra mile for clients.
Schepens specialise in moving to the largest towns and cities in Canada, including: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, Winnipeg, Brampton, Hamilton, Quebec City, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, London, Markham, Vaughan, Gatineau, Longueuil and Barnaby.