Move to Toronto from UK | International Removals | Removals to Canada from UK
Tips to Help With Moving to Toronto From UK
Since the UK Referendum in 2016, Toronto has seen a huge spike in interest from British expats keen to move to there. It’s easy to see why this city is such an attractive destination for Brits. Despite a diverse population, English is the dominant language used across Toronto and the employment prospects are excellent. The city is currently experiencing a construction and engineering boom. Canada’s Outpost Recruitment site reports healthy numbers of UK applicants to posts recruiting in these areas.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Toronto.
Planning your Move to Toronto
Schepens has been helping families to move to Canada for over a century now, and we know how stressful the preparations for such a move can be. We’ve compiled a checklist which our clients find helpful when planning for their removals to Canada:
- Paperwork – find out what paperwork you’ll need to live abroad and ensure you have multiple copies of each document.
- Transferring Money – this can be very expensive if you don’t plan ahead. Start researching early for the cheapest options.
- Healthcare – every province in Canada has a slightly different approach to healthcare insurance. Find out the rules that apply to you.
- Bank Accounts – this is something you need to look into early on as the process can be complicated. Start by asking your current bank for advice.
- Pension – find out how your pension will be affected by your move to Canada. This may not be a priority right now, but it could inform your long-term plans.
- Cost of Living – work out how much it’s going to cost to live in Toronto. It’s a good idea to use a comparison site to see whether it’ll be more expensive than where you live now.
- Pets – if you’re planning to take your pets with you to Canada, check out the regulations so you can be sure that there won’t be any last minute hitches in your plans.
- Tax – you may still have to pay UK tax, even if you’re living abroad. It’s all dependent on your residency status, so it’s worth checking out your tax obligations before you move.
Schepens Can Help if You’re Moving to Toronto From UK
We know Canada well and we ship to all the major cities regularly. That means that we’re able to offer clients flexible scheduling, and the option of full or part load shipping. On the run up to your move, you’ll have a dedicated Move Co-ordinator who will help with your planning, and with co-ordinating the range of services we can supply to make the process easier.
Moving Packages Made to Meet Your Requirements
One thing that our 100 years of experience has taught us is that every single move is unique. That’s why we don’t offer standard packages on removals to Toronto. Instead your Move Co-ordinator will talk through the range of services we offer, and create a bespoke package that serves your requirements. This may include:
- Packing – our packers are BAR trained professionals. They will pack up your home, label all your boxes and create a detailed inventory.
- Insurance – your goods are covered in transit, but should you require Accidental Damage or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange it.
- Non-Standard Goods – if you’re shipping valuable antiques, musical instruments or fine art, we will create bespoke packaging and arrange specialist transit if required.
- Storage – Schepens offers a door-to-door local storage service. Our secure, fully managed storage facilities provide a safe, clean environment for your goods in the UK.
- Removals Vehicles – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
Everything we do aims to reduce our clients’ stresses. International removals present logistical challenges and our removals teams are trained to deal with them. The support we provide is proactive, and client-centred. The feedback we regularly receive speaks of employees who are ‘willing to go the extra mile’, and who ‘exceeded expectation’.
Schepens specialise in moving to the largest towns and cities in Canada, including: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Brampton, Hamilton, Quebec City, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, London, Markham, Vaughan, Gatineau, Longueuil and Barnaby.