Southampton Removal Company | Local Removals Company
Thinking of Moving to Southampton?
For over 800 years, this beautiful spot on the south coast has been a hub for international trade. The original entrance to the city – the Bargate – still stands, and the centuries of global trading still seem to resonate throughout 21st century Southampton. This is a city that has constantly reinvented itself, and its energy and diversity stands testament to this.
Client we’ve moved to Southampton tend to have 50 or more reasons to be happy with their decision. We couldn’t list them all, but here are the 5 we hear most regularly…
1. Quality of Life
Of course there’s the sea, but there’s so much more. The New Forest is just minutes away, offering miles of beautiful ancient woodland, and its own breed of pony! If you love sports this is a great place to live, with golf, sailing and snowboarding easily accessible.
2. It’s a Diverse, Energetic City
As a busy port and a university city, Southampton is subject to regular influxes of new people. This keeps the city buzzing and current. There’s a large theatre, excellent restaurants, high quality shopping, diverse music venues and a range of art galleries.
3. The Cost of Living
For families moving to Southampton from London, the cost of living will come as a very pleasant surprise! On average, price are a third cheaper than living in the capital. For a detailed run-down, take a look at the Expatistan cost of living index which tracks current prices.
4. There’s a Vibrant Job Market
Southampton is the economic hub of Hampshire, and it consistently ranks highly on the Good Growth for Cities index. Top employers in the city are the university, the docks, construction, Ford and the NHS. The city’s also a great place for start ups with incubator programmes supported by two local universities.
5. The Commute Works, Just..
… But it’s expensive! For families seeking an enhanced quality of life whilst continuing to work in London, Southampton works. But you need to be realistic. The journey to Waterloo – at best – takes 80 minutes but delays are regularly reported. Attempting it on a daily basis is likely to take its toll.
CONTACT US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION QUOTE ON LOCAL REMOVALS COMPANY IN SOUTHAMPTON!
Schepens Can Help With Removals to Southampton
We’re a local family business that has been moving families to Southampton for over 100 years now. We know and love the city, and all our removals teams have an extensive local knowledge. They can help with the best route into the city, the best time of day to schedule your move, and all the local amenities.
As a leading Southampton removals company, we do everything we can to relieve the stresses that accumulate around moving day. First we find out what your specific needs are. Then we build your moving package around those requirements. Our clients tell us that having tailor-made support for their move helps to keep the stress at bay.
Removals and Storage in Southampton
- Packing – our BAR trained professional packers can help to pack up your house, babel all your boxes, and create a detailed inventory.
- Insurance – your goods are insured whilst in transit. Additional cover, such as accidental damage and extended liability, can be arranged if you require.
- Non-Standard Goods – if you need to move a piano, valuable antiques, or art works, we can arrange bespoke packing and transit.
- Storage – should you need local storage facilities for goods or furniture, Schepens provides a door-to-door service and secure facilities.
- Removals Vehicles – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.