Removals to Portsmouth | Moving Company for Portsmouth
Portsmouth is the oldest and best-known trading port on the British Isles. It’s been a safe haven for Roman ships, and provided the first line of defence against the French. The port continues to house Henry VIII’s Mary Rose, and Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory, in memory of its maritime grandeur. The contemporary Portsmouth is no museum piece, however. It’s very much a 21st century city.
Moving to Portsmouth?
If you’re considering moving to Portsmouth, here are 3 reasons to give it your careful consideration….
1. A Young and Diverse City
Portsmouth became a city in 1926 in recognition of the fact it boasts two magnificent cathedrals. It’s also a university city which ensures a lively night life, and a massive influx of new students every year. There are beaches and piers for those who love water sports, and easy access to the glorious Hampshire countryside. The shopping is good, there are numerous excellent restaurants, and there’s a vibrant energy all throughout the year.
2. A Great Place to Work
Unsurprisingly, around 10% of Portsmouth’s workforce is employed by the maritime industries. But that’s not the full story. The city is also home to IBM’s headquarters, and has a great reputation for nurturing and growing new businesses. If you’re thinking of commuting, it’s one of the easier journeys. There are regular trains from Portsmouth and the journey takes around 90 minutes. The drive is more unpredictable and takes, on average 1 hour 45 mins.
3. Lovely Places to Live
The housing stock in Portsmouth ranges from 21st century Waterfront apartments to the elegant Georgian houses that make up much of the old town. Two or three bedroom properties in the city centre tend to cost around £300,000. If you’re willing to move inland a little there are elegant Victorian properties that are valued at around £200,000.
Schepens is a Highly Recommended Hampshire Removals Company
We’re not as old as Portsmouth, but we have been moving families to this wonderful city for over 100 years, now. We’re based in Hampshire and our removals teams know the city well. For over a century we’ve been minimising the anxieties associated with moving home. How do we do it? By treating every client as unique, paying attention to detail, and investing in the professional training of our staff.
Tailor-Made UK Removals from Schepens
Experience has taught us that there’s no such thing as a standard move, which is why we don’t offer standardised removals packages. We provide each client with a dedicated Move Co-ordinator who will listen to your requirements, and create a bespoke removals plan. They can then offer a free no obligation quote which accurately reflects your requirements.
Our extensive range of services includes:
- Packing: Our BAR trained packers use professional materials to pack up your home, label your boxes, and create a detailed inventory.
- Insurance: We insure all your goods whilst they’re in transit. If you would like additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange cover for you.
- Non-Standard Goods: If you’re moving fragile, or antique goods, we can arrange a bespoke packaging and removals service.
- Self Storage: Schepens provides a door-to-door service, for self storage. Our local self-storage facilities provide a secure, climate controlled environment for any goods you wish to store.
- Transport: Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
A Client-Centred Professional Moving Company
Schepens has developed its local reputation by offering second-to-none customer service. We support our clients from their first phone call right through to moving day. Our locally recruited removals teams know Portsmouth well and can offer a wealth of local knowledge. They’re also professionally trained to proactively respond to challenges, and go the extra mile for clients.
“I would just like to say a big thank you to the guys who did an absolute sterling job with the move. They made our lives a whole lot easier!”