Removals to Perth | Moving to Perth from UK | Removals to Australia
Moving to Perth Australia from UK
When ocean liners were the best way to travel to Australia from the UK, Perth was the port where travellers would dock first. For this reason, the city has a long tradition of welcoming expats from the UK. Today, though, people from around the world choose to live here because of the stunning, powder white beaches, cosmopolitan city feel, and the laid back lifestyle Australia does so well.
What does it feel like to live on the other side of the world? We asked a group of expats who we’ve helped with their Perth removals over the years.
1. Perth is a Fun City to Live in
It’s not too big or too small. There’s a pleasantly compact city centre which you can get around easily, and you can walk just about anywhere. It’s all very new, but you don’t feel dominated by the skyscrapers – because there’s not that many of them. Perth is a city you can feel at home in pretty quickly. It’s a cosmopolitan place to live, where most people you encounter are happy, laid back and friendly.
2. Lots of Green Spaces
Just beyond the city, there’s over 2,000km of desert, so it’s a luxury to be able to enjoy the numerous parks and green spaces in the city. The riverside area is beautiful. It’s a favourite with joggers and cyclists, but there’s lots of coffee shops too. Sometimes you spot dolphins in the river, and even if you don’t, the views are spectacular.
3. You’re a Long Way From Anywhere
If you live in Perth, you’re 2,700km away from Adelaide which is your nearest big city. It sits on the Western coast of Australia, perched between the desert and the Indian Ocean. There are a few coastal towns nearby but basically, Perth is out there on its own. This isn’t disadvantageous in any way, but it’s very different from the close knit network of towns and cities in the UK.
4. There’s a Great Cafe Culture
Just a few decades ago, Perth was considered a deeply conservative city where people kept to themselves. This has changed radically, and now there are numerous cafes, bars and microbreweries across the city. Expats recommend Freemantle, to the south, for its arts scene, and Northbridge if you want to experience great nightlife, quirky coffee shops and independent retailers.
5. Sea, Sun and Sand
The beaches are consistently spectacular in this part of the world. And the sea is warm, limpid blue, and perfect for surfers. Locals recommend Cottesloe Beach (20 minutes by train from the centre), or Scarborough Beach which is a little further. The summer temperatures tend to fluctuate between 29-32ºC in the summer, and in the winter they’re around 18-19ºC.
Looking for International Removals You Can Trust?
Moving to Perth, Australia from the UK is a massive life change, whatever your age or reason for doing it. Schepens has been offering Perth removals for over a century now, and despite our familiarity with the process, we never forget that it can be overwhelming for our clients. Our aim is always to minimise the stress associated with moving to Australia, by supporting clients every inch of the way.
Tailored Removals to Australia
Whether you’re retiring to Australia, starting a degree course at one of Perth’s 5 universities, or emigrating to start a new life, your move will feel absolutely unique in your life experience. At Schepens we recognise this, and we tailor every move to meet your specific requirements. Our Move Co-ordinators are allocated to individual clients, and they’ll work with you to determine the removals plan you need.
Schepens removals services include:
- Packing. If you’d like a packing service, our BAR trained packers offer efficiency and attention to detail. They use professional packing materials, apply detailed labelling, and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. We insure your goods whilst they’re in transit. Your Move Co-ordinator can arrange for additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability cover, should you want extra peace of mind.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re wanting to ship fragile, or valuable goods, you’ll want to know that they’re in safe hands. We have extensive experience with bespoke packaging, handling and shipping for antiques, art works, or musical instruments.
- Self Storage. If you’re planning to return to the UK, you may wish to put your furniture and goods into storage. Schepens local self storage facilities offer a clean, secure environment for you.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Perth Removals
We like to do things right, and we have a reputation for paying careful attention to detail. Our employees are all professionally trained, and understand the values that we promote as an international removals company. Feedback consistently commends our removals team for their excellent service, friendliness, ability to solve problems quickly, and readiness to go the extra mile.