Move to Ottawa from UK | International Removals | Removals to Canada from UK
Moving to Ottawa
Ask anyone who lives in Ottawa about their home city and they’ll probably tell you: “Ottawa’s a Government city”. What you’re hearing is the accepted shorthand for saying that Ottawa consistently delivers on quality of life. It may not be the party capital like Montreal, or an international coastal city like Vancouver, but it’s a good looking, family- oriented capital city that provides a host of small town benefits.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Canada.
Four Reasons to Moving to Ottawa
1. It’s High on the ‘Quality of Life’ Scale
Ottawa has always scored high when it comes to well-being. Locals will tell you that residents prefer sporting activities to wild nights out, and there’s plenty of evidence to support this. The city boasts 375 kilometres of hiking/cycling paths criss-crossing the waterways and green belts. Best of all, once winter kicks in the whole city enjoys public skating on the Rideau Canal.
2. Getting Around is Easy
Ottawa has some of the least congested roads in any of Canada’s cities. That’s largely because the public infrastructure of buses and trains works exceptionally well, and it’s affordable. For cycling enthusiasts this is a great city to live in. There’s over 170km of cycle paths to choose from. Popular local sports include downhill skiing, tobogganing, kayaking and cross-country skiing.
3. Great Education
Over half of Ottawa’s population are graduates which may have something to do with the fact that there’s not one, but two universities in the city. There’s also a great selection of local primary and secondary schools. There’s a healthy bi-lingual approach in most schools which ensures that your children will grow up speaking both French and English.
4. A City of Festivals
Whilst Ottawa’s nightlife isn’t wild, there’s plenty of opportunity to let your hair down over the year. There are numerous festivals to attend and get involved in. These include:
- The Winterlude – ice sculptures, skating, snow games
- Fringe Festival – 10 days of plays and theatre
- Dragon Boat Festival – racing on the waterways
- International Jazz Festival – with performers from around the world
- Bluesfest – International Blues artists
Schepens Ships Regularly to Ottawa
Schepens has been moving families to Canada for over 100 years now. We ship regularly to Ottawa and we know the city well. Our goal has always been to minimise the anxieties that movers experience, especially around international moves. We achieve this by providing a dedicated Move Co-ordinator, and removals teams who are trained professionals.
No Two Moves Are the Same
At Schepens we know that every single move is unique, which is why we don’t offer standard removals packages. Instead, your Move Co-ordinator will create a tailored package which reflects your specific requirements. It will draw on our extensive range of removals services, which include:
- Packing. Our professional packers are BAR trained so we can guarantee an excellent service. They can pack up your house, label your boxes and create a detailed itinerary.
- Non-Standard Items. If you are moving fragile goods, or valuable antiques, Schepens can provide bespoke packaging and specialist shipping services.
- Insurance. Your goods are covered by insurance whilst in transit. Should you require additional cover, such as Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we can arrange it.
- Local Storage. Should you wish to store items in the UK, Schepens can provide local storage. Our facilities offer a secure, climate controlled environment, with individual access when you need it.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Top Quality Customer Service
At Schepens every single employee takes pride in offering second-to-none service. Our professional packing and removals teams are proactive problem solvers, and they will go the extra mile to ensure a stress-free move for clients. We invest in the professionalism of our service by training our staff, and feedback we receive suggests that our clients really appreciate the quality of service this produces.
Schepens specialise in moving to the largest towns and cities in Canada, including: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Brampton, Hamilton, Quebec City, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, London, Markham, Vaughan, Gatineau, Longueuil and Barnaby.