Moving to Holland | Removals to Netherlands | European Removals
Need Help Moving to the Netherlands from the UK
The Netherlands is the ideal location for Brits wanting to move to Europe, whilst maintaining close ties with the UK. Amsterdam is just 4 hours from London by train, or 1 hour by plane, which makes it almost ‘commutable’. Add to that an easy going culture, and an attractively low cost of living, in comparison with London, and it’s little wonder that 86K of Brits have made the Netherlands their home.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 to book a free, no obligation removals quote for your move to the Netherlands.
Despite being such a close European neighbour, there are a number of adjustments expats find themselves making when deciding to set up home there:
1. The Dutch Are More Direct Than the Brits
The Brits will tie themselves up in knots trying to say something, without actually saying it, whilst the Dutch are completely the opposite. This can be quite off-putting for newcomers, who interpret brutal honesty as rudeness. Actually it’s nothing of the kind, it’s simply an open form of communication that makes a virtue of honesty.
2. A Country for Bike Enthusiasts
The geography of the Netherlands makes it a bicycle enthusiast’s paradise. There’s a great biking infrastructure in both the cities and the rural areas, so cycling is the default form of transport. If you’ve never developed a passion for the bicycle, living in the Netherlands is your golden opportunity. You can forget traffic jams, pollution and parking spaces whilst taking advantage of the immense skies and endless vistas.
3. Working in the Netherlands
As an EU citizen you are able to look for work and live in the Netherlands without a visa. The country is very specific about the kind of workers they need to recruit, but if you’re a skilled professional you’ll find numerous opportunities.
Particularly sought after professionals include:
- Technical engineers
- IT specialists
- Financial specialists
The Dutch government is also extremely encouraging to small businesses; they constantly seek ways to simplify the beaurocratic hurdles, and provide generous tax breaks.
4. Totally Child-Friendly Culture
There is a refreshingly open attitude towards children in the Netherlands. Dutch parents actively nurture curiosity in their children, and the education system supports them in this aim. Children spend time developing hobbies or with families, and are given free time in the school curriculum to do so. Cycling to school is the norm, so your child’s school will be close by, and Wednesday and Friday afternoons are generally free time.
5. An Organised Lifestyle
The Dutch value an organised lifestyle and they’re willing to pay a little more for it. As a result the infrastructure can be relied upon to work efficiently. The trains run promptly, rubbish is collected regularly and it’s rare that cities experience gridlock. There is a price to pay for all this, and the health insurance in particular is higher than in the UK, but the result is excellent amenities and peace of mind.
Schepens Can Help With Your Move to the Netherlands
Schepens has been helping families to move to the Netherlands for over a century now and we’re extremely fond of this beautiful part of the world. We ship regularly to all the major cities which means that we’re able to offer flexible scheduling, and cost effective part load options for your removals to the Netherlands.
Tailored Removals Packages
We know from experience that every move is unique, which is why we don’t offer standard removals packages. Instead, we allocate a dedicated Move Co-ordinator to every client. They will create a tailored package based on your specific requirements.
We offer a range of services to choose from, including:
- Packing. Our BAR trained professional removals teams can pack up your home in hours, provide detailed labelling for all your boxes, and create a detailed inventory for shipping.
- Insurance. All your goods are insured during shipping. If you require additional cover, such as Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we are happy to arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to ship fine art, antiques, racing bikes or musical instruments, we can provide bespoke packaging, insurance and shipping.
- Storage. Should you wish to store goods back in the UK, Schepens can provide local storage facilities. We offer a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
First Class Customer Service
As a leading European removals company, we take our responsibilities to our clients extremely seriously. Every single Schepens employee works to gain the skills required by a ‘removals professional’. This requires training, experience and the development of a proactive attitude towards problem solving. We have always made it our aim to relieve the anxieties that adhere to the process of moving, and our removals teams will always go the extra mile to achieve that.