Removals to Miami | International Removals to the USA
Thanks to sub-tropical climates, pristine beaches and a relaxed ambience – Miami is one of the world’s greatest and most iconic destinations. It’s also the cultural, economic and financial centre of South Florida in the United States. Miami has a particularly young population and many people move there to find work, study at University or to simply enjoy the stunning weather!
Expats explain what it’s like to live in Miami, and why its such a popular moving destination from the UK.
Culture & Lifestyle
Even if you’re a seasoned traveller to the US, Miami offers a unique, cultural experience – largely thanks to the high proportion of Latino residents. The city’s nowhere near as fast paced as New York, or as laid back as LA, but it has its own unique, chaotic and fascinating charm. Thanks to the warmth and friendliness of the locals, you can quickly feel part of the cultural blend in Miami no matter where you come from or what language you speak.
High Living Costs, But Low Taxes
The overall cost of living in Miami is particularly high due to high housing costs. With that said, the low taxes in Florida provide a comfortable balance. For instance, there is no state income tax in Florida, which could save you thousands of dollars – although – you would still need to pay federal income taxes.
The Weather Rules in Miami
Moving over to Miami means submitting to weather systems that will shape how you live, summer and winter. It’s hot, humid and there’s regular flooding to contend with. Then there’s the hurricane season with Miami being a prime candidate for storms coming up from the Caribbean. You treat the weather with respect in this part of the world, and get good air conditioning.
Be Prepared for Delays
If you think the traffic in London, Birmingham or Manchester is bad, in Miami it’s off the scale! Once you’ve factored in the traffic delays, and the general laid back attitude to time-keeping, you have a situation where everyone’s late for everything. There’s no point in fighting it, or raging about it; it’s how the city is, you just have to kick back and relax.
Tailor-Made Removals to Florida
After several decades of experience providing removals to Miami, we know there’s nothing ’standard’ about the process. That’s why we don’t offer standard removals packages. Instead, our professional Move Co-ordinators work with clients to create their unique moving specification. We aim for precision and accuracy every step of the way; from your free no obligation quote to the day of removal.
Our removals planning can be categorised into a comprehensive range of removals services which include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained packing specialists can pack up your home, label your boxes, and create your detailed inventory for shipping.
- Insurance. All your goods are insured during shipping. For extra peace of mind your Move Co-Ordinator can arrange additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re wanting to ship antiques, works of art, or even a piano to Miami, Schepens can help. We provide bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Do you need to store furniture or goods in the UK? Schepens have local storage facilities. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate controlled environment.
- Removals Vehicles. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Customer Service is Our Priority
We take great pride in the quality of service we offer to clients moving to the US, and we’re very pleased to see this positively reflected in the feedback we receive. Our international removals teams are professionally trained, and they understand the significance of offering proactive, practical help to clients. We’ve gained a reputation for ‘going the extra mile’ to ensure stress-free removals for all our clients.