Professional Moving Company | Wiltshire Removals | UK Removals
Towns located on old coaching routes always have something of the romance of the highway about them. Marlborough sits on the old Bath to London coach road. Its rather grand High Street stands testament to its importance as a stop on the way to the capital. It’s also a market town with a history reaching back to the Middle Ages. There are still two regular markets every week, and frequent food markets throughout the year.
PLEASE CALL 02380 070071 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON OUR REMOVALS TO WILTSHIRE
Marlborough is a Popular Choice for Londoners
Until fairly recently Marlborough wasn’t on the radar of families looking to move out of London. It doesn’t have its own railway station and so commuters need to travel from nearby Swindon. This makes a regular commute pretty lengthy (around 2 hours), and using the M4 to drive in takes around the same time.
Working patterns are changing rapidly, though, and the trend for more working from home means that town like Marlborough suddenly start to become an option. Plus, the property prices tend to be slightly lower because of the long commute. Families looking for a beautiful spot to bring up children, whilst having access to high-quality shopping and restaurants, would probably find that Marlborough ticks most of their boxes.
A Good Place for Families?
Marlborough is a small enough town to house a close knit, active community, whilst being large enough to allow you to mind your own business. The Wiltshire countryside is on your doorstep, as are a plethora of picture-box English villages. And the High Street is home to a mix of independents and global brands, as well as having a generous smattering of restaurants. No wonder it’s earned a place in the Sunday Times’ top 50 places to live in the UK!
Annual Events in Marlborough
Marlborough may be rural, but it’s certainly not sleepy! There’s a number of annual events which cover a range of activities:
- International Jazz Festival. A weekend of jazz music in ad hoc venues across the town
- Spring Fair. A fundraising event with over 60 stalls selling food and goods.
- Literature Festival. An Autumn event, supporting good writing from across the world.
- Feast of Food. “The best food and drink festival in the West of England” every October
- Mop Fair. This ancient hiring fair has now become a funfair that takes over the Marlborough High Street for the first weekend in October.
- Horse Trials. A cross-country event held in the Barbary Castle Estate
Wiltshire Removals by Schepens
We’ve been moving families to Marlborough for over a hundred years now, and it’s an area of the country that we know very well. We’re a 4th generation, family-run business and we believe in offering exceptional service to our clients. We promise to minimise the anxieties associated with moving house, and we’re proud of our exceptionally high success rate with clients.
A Tailored Moving to Marlborough Experience
One thing we know for sure is that there’s no such thing as a standard move. For that reason we don’t offer standard moving packages. Instead we create tailored moving plans that are specific to your requirements. These are created from our list of services which include:
- Packing. Our professional, BAR trained removals team will pack up your home, label your boxes and create a detailed inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods are protected by insurance throughout the moving process. If you require Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we can arrange additional cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re moving valuable, or fragile goods, we can create a bespoke packaging and removals service.
- Self Storage. Should you need to store furniture or goods, Schepens Self Storage has a secure, local storage facility, and a door-to-door service.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
A Professional Moving Company for Your UK Removals
At Schepens, we’re known for ‘going the extra mile’ to ensure successful, anxiety-free UK removals. Our removals teams are all recruited locally, and are BAR trained to provide a professional standard of service at all times. Our work ethos is all about offering proactive responses to challenges that might arise, and placing our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are a professional removals company with over 100 years of experience performing UK, European and International removals, we cover all outlying areas and are considered to be one of the main removal companies for: Romsey, Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Andover, Lymington, Lyndhurst and the Bournemouth areas.