Moving to Geneva | Moving to Switzerland | Removals to Geneva
Geneva is one of the most famous cities in the world and a fantastic place to live
This article will take a quick look at why so many people are moving to Geneva and will also provide some useful resources for people moving there.
Why are People Moving to Geneva?
Geneva is a beautiful city, filled with incredible architecture and surrounded by a pristine natural environment. The city has a population of approximately 197,376 people with a total of 482,545 in the greater metropolitan area, making it one of the largest cities in the country.
Geneva is an important global financial centre and location for international diplomacy. It is also a location for some of the most important academic research in the world. For those reasons, the city attracts a lot of high-skill and well-educated people from around the globe.
The city is also a cultural hub with many art galleries, museums, theatre halls and music venues. Geneva also has some of the best restaurants in the world with a strong focus on fine dining.
Many people are moving to Geneva for work or to gain access to Switzerland’s incredible education system. The World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report for 2010-11 ranked Switzerland’s primary education system as the fourth highest of the countries reviewed.
Switzerland also has very high quality universities. The QS world university rankings included two Swiss universities in the top 20 — the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) and the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne.
Some useful resources for anyone moving to Geneva include:
- Travel advice for Switzerland from the UK government
- Living in Switzerland advice from the UK government
- Visa information for Switzerland
- Swiss Federal Office for Migration
- Social insurance for foreign nationals
- Just Landed guide to living in Switzerland
Making the Move to Geneva Easier
Many people moving to Geneva turn to a professional international removals company like Schepens. They do so for a variety of reasons including:
- Schepens are trained to Bar standards and are experienced at performing removals to Geneva and other locations in Switzerland including Basel, Lugano, Lausanne, Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich, Neuchatel, Berne and all the Swiss ski resorts.
- They have access to professional packing materials and the movers gave experience packing fragile items appropriately for the journey
- Schepens has experience dealing with customs rules and regulations of Switzerland
- They are fully insured — your possessions, the workers and the vehicles are all fully covered
- Schepens has a fleet of specialist removals vehicles that will keep your possessions safe when you move to Geneva