Removals to Dordogne | Moving to France | UK to France Removal Company
Ever dreamt of retiring to France? If so, you’re probably thinking of the Dordogne, even if you’ve never heard of it. Imagine a fairytale land with lazy rivers, precipitous rock formations, sprinkled with picturesque medieval villages – that’s the Dordogne. It’s located in the glorious south west region of Acquitaine, and it’s long been a favoured destination of the Dutch, the Germans and the Brits.
Until a few years ago it was mostly retirees who were moving there. Travel to and from the UK is quick and easy, and property – whilst not cheap – remains very affordable. Now the demographic is changing, and professionals with their families are moving in. They tend to be running their own businesses, as jobs aren’t plentiful, but they’re finding a quality of life here that just isn’t available in the city.
SPEAK TO US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO BOOK A NO OBLIGATION QUOTATION ON YOUR INTERNATIONAL REMOVALS TO DORDOGNE!
Five Reasons to Think About Moving to Dordogne from UK
1. It’s Seriously Beautiful
The Dordogne is home to no less than 10 of France’s ‘most beautiful villages’. And when you tire of finding yet another perfect picture to post on Instagram, there are the Paleolithic Lascaux cave paintings to explore, or the famous Roman remains in Périgueux.
2. Food & Drink is Central to the Culture
Let’s start off with the everyday before moving to the more exotic gastronomic delights of this area. The summer markets overflow with strawberries and asparagus in the summer. Then there’s the vineyards around Bergerac which produce an award-winning wine. Finally, this area is known for Black Diamond truffles, foie gras and the Perigord walnut.
3. There’s Plenty of Space…
Nature dominates in this beautiful part of the world, interrupted occasionally by small to medium towns and villages. It’s the third largest department in France, but it only has 420,00 people living there. The Dordogne makes it easy to forget the ills of the twentieth century, whilst offering fast transport routes back to Paris and the UK if you need them.
4. Eymet Provides a Home from Home
Around 400 of Eymet’s 2,600 residents are British. This number is rising sharply as local estate agents report that Brits are trying to beat the Brexit clock by buying property before March 2019. This beautiful town, full of honeyed architecture has long been a favoured destination for Brits. The only worry attached to moving here is that you could end up never getting to know anyone French!
Schepens Can Help With Removals to France
Schepens has been helping families and retirees to move to the Dordogne from the UK for over 100 years now. Our goal has always been to reduce the anxieties associated with moving day. We take the strain for clients by allocating a dedicated Move Co-ordinator, and working with removals teams who know the area well.
Tailor-Made Removals to France
As a long-standing European removals company, we know that every single move is unique. That’s why we never try to sell standard packages to our clients. Instead our Move Co-Ordinators will start by talking through your detailed requirements, then we’ll match our services to meet the your specifications.
The services we offer include:
- Packing – our professional BAR trained packers can pack up your home in preparation for shipping. They’ll provide detailed labelling for each box, and compile a comprehensive inventory.
- Insurance – your goods will be covered whilst they’re in transit. We can provide additional Accidental Damage and Extended Liability insurance if you require it.
- Non Standard Goods – if you’re shipping musical instruments, fine art or valuable antiques we can arrange for bespoke packaging and shipping.
- Storage – if you would like to store goods or furniture in the UK, Schepens has local self storage facilities. We can arrange door-to-door delivery to our secure, climate controlled facilities.
- Removals Vehicles – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Client-Centred Removals Services
We pride ourselves on second-to-none customer service. In real terms that means that our movers feel entirely supported by the removals team from start to finish. Our feedback tells us that we ‘go the extra mile’, ‘provide helpful and friendly support’ and ‘can’t do enough’. We like to hear these things, but if clients aren’t happy with our service, we take care to learn from what they say.
We service all of France
Schepens run removals to and from all major towns, cities and areas of France including: Paris, Dordogne, Languedoc, Charente, Bordeaux, Limoges, Toulouse, Nice, Lyon, Brittany, The Alps, Perpignan, Montpellier, Normandy, Marseilles, Lille, Loire, Rouen, Nancy, Dijon, Nantes, Brest, Grenoble, Burgundy, Valence, Toulon, Provence and many more. We also regularly perform removals to Versailles from the UK.