Moving to Darwin, Australia
Nestled in the far north of the Northern Territory, Darwin is a tropical paradise. It’s the only Australian state capital with a tropical climate – making it the perfect relocation spot for an expat seeking a much warmer climate than the UK. With over 100 nationalities living there, Darwin is a multicultural and vibrant city – which is very much reflected in both the lifestyle and culinary scene. The cost of living is slightly higher due to its relative remoteness but the isolation is full of natural beauty and uniqueness which makes Darwin really stand out in Australia.
Darwin is Always Close To Nature
The city has an excellent balance of contemporary elements – all surrounded by natural beauty including silky, sandy, sun-splashed beaches and the famous Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks. The tropical climate is warm and pleasant, with a savanna wet/dry season. House designs work harmoniously with the outdoor elements. Every home has ceiling fans and Louvre windows to welcome Darwin’s tropical breeze. Outdoor areas are manicured into picturesque, lush, tropical paradises; decking and swimming pools are commonplace with residents living a laid-back, nature-indulged lifestyle.
Cruise the Darwin Harbour
The pristine waters of Darwin’s glorious harbour is the perfect starting point for a soothing stroll down the waterways. Enjoy the laid-back vibes, sunset views; and be sure to stop off on your route and indulge in platters of local cuisine. It’s a beautiful, popular way to get to know the marine charms of the city.
Getting Around Is a Breeze
Manoeuvring around Darwin is very easy. Compared with other cities, you’ll find there is minimal traffic and next to no parking issues; the system of public transport also works very effectively and is easy to navigate. The options include: bus, taxi and ferry and connect to all major attractions as well as the suburbs. Thanks to the excellent weather, cycling one of the most popular modes of transport in Darwin; there are over 70 kilometres of bicycle paths stretching Stuart Highway, and along the expansive coastline.
According to the Times Higher Education University Rankings, Charles Darwin University sits in the top 2% of universities worldwide. It’s a globally recognised and respected university, with campuses sweeping over the Northern Territory. The university is home to more than 75 nationally recognised and accredited programs for international students.
Experienced International Removals to Australia
We’ve been providing international removals for over 100 years now. The journey from the UK to Australia has become a lot easier over time, but the stress of moving is still prevalent. We have an excellent support network and expertise for our clients. How do we do it? We offer very high standards of training to every member of staff; they have great attention to detail and pride themselves on providing close support every step of the way.
Schepens International removals services include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained professional removals teams can pack your home for you, label all your boxes, and create an accurate shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Schepens insures all your goods during transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to ship a piano, fine art, antiques, or any other non-standard goods to Australia, we can arrange bespoke packing, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you require storage in the UK, Schepens owns local facilities. We provide a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Excellent Customer Reviews
We take pride in the quality of service we offer to our clients, and we’re delighted to see this reflected in the feedback we receive. Our removals teams are professionally trained, and they appreciate the significance of offering practical help to clients throughout the moving process. We’ve gained a reputation for ‘going the extra mile’ to ensure stress-free removals for all our clients.