Dorset Removals | UK Removals Company
Moving to Christchurch
Residents who live in Christchurch tend to be pretty vocal about the perfection of town’s location. And they have a point. There’s the New Forest to the north, glorious beaches to the south, and Bournemouth just 6 miles down the coast. Then, there are the two nearby castles to explore, not to mention the medieval priory and the smugglers’ tunnels!
Schepens is a regular visitor to this part of the country, and we’ve helped numerous families moving to Christchurch over the years. We thought we’d ask some of our clients how they found living in this part of the world – here are a few of their responses:
1. A Friendly, Compact Town
This is a town where it’s a pleasure to just walk down the High Street, bump into people you know and chat to shopkeepers. Everyone seems to have time to stop and chat and there’s a great mix of independent shops, and good quality supermarkets with plenty of parking. Christchurch is a proper seaside town, and it gets busy in the summer – but it never loses its charm.
2. The Food Festival is Great Fun
This year the annual Christchurch Food Festival will stretch over 3 days at the beginning of May. It’s a real highlight each year for the town. The main streets are all closed to traffic and visitors stream in from far and wide. There’s loads of stalls selling local produce, lots of performance, a cookery school and some celebrity chefs. I can’t wait!
3. There’s a Real Sense of Community
Lots of people move here with small children, as I did, and it really is the perfect environment for them. There doesn’t appear to be much crime in the area, and you feel safe letting kids wander a bit. I think what makes it special is the sense of community; people really do go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
4. A Beautiful Town to Live In
On a regular day you’ll see quite a few residents setting up their easels, and no wonder. There’s so much beauty within a stone’s throw. You’ll find every kind of architecture – Georgian, Tudor and Victorian as well as modern. There are lovely walks down the two nearby rivers, and picturesque narrow side streets at every turn. I wouldn’t live anywhere else.
Planning on moving to Dorset? Speak to us today on 01202 377220 for a no obligation removals quote!
Schepens Offers Removals to Christchurch in Dorset
Schepens is a fourth generation, family-run removals company that’s been providing removals to Dorset for over a hundred years. We provide a local service with employees who have grown up in the area, so if you’re moving to Christchurch we’ll be able to answer any questions you have about local resources. On moving day, we’ll make sure that you have adequate parking outside your new home, and we won’t leave until you’re comfortably settled.
Tailored UK Removals
Schepens has been in the removals business long enough to know that there’s no such thing as a ‘standard’ move. Which is why we don’t offer ‘standard’ packages. Instead, your Move Co-Ordinator will work with you to develop a tailored removals to Christchurch plan which matches your unique requirements. This will form the basis of your FREE no obligation quote.
Schepens offers a range of removals services, including:
- Professional Packing Services. Our professional removals teams can pack up your home for you, create a detailed inventory, and provide accurate labelling for all your boxes.
- Insurance Services. Your goods are insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Items. If you need to move a piano, valuable antiques, or items of fine art, Schepens can arrange bespoke packing, handling and transport.
- Local Storage. If, once you’ve moved, you find that you need self storage, Schepens has local facilities. We provide a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
Schepens is a leading UK removals company, located in the south west. We take pride in in maintaining a process of continuous improvement. We ask all our clients for their feedback, and we take notice of what they tell us, good and bad. It’s how we learn as a business. Our aim has always been to provide stress-free removals – and we’re delighted that so many of our clients tell us that that’s exactly what we deliver.