Moving to Berlin | Cost of Living Berlin vs London | European Removals | UK Removals Company
Thinking of Moving to Berlin From the UK?
Ever since the Berlin wall came down in 1991, the city it divided has been repairing the wounds, growing its new identity, and transforming into an iconic destination. Whether you’re a student, a tourist, or you’re looking to work in Germany, Berlin will be on your radar. As a leading European removals company, we’ve witnessed the development of contemporary Berlin first-hand, and we’re delighted to have such close connections with this amazing city.
We’ve helped numerous families move to Berlin over the past three decades, and we always enjoy hearing how they’ve settled in. Here’s a selection of their observations about living in Germany’s capital city.
1. Cost of Living Berlin vs. London
Berlin has built itself a reputation for being one of the most affordable European capitals. The price comparison sites bear this out. The cost of living is estimated to be 35% cheaper in Berlin than in London, with housing and transportation offering the biggest savings comparatively. On average, Berliners consider their city affordable, whilst Londoners don’t. Prices are rising, though, so take advantage whilst you can.
2. Berlin Never Stops
One thing we hear again and again is that Berlin has things going on, for every age and taste, all the time. It’s a city that can offer workshops on virtually every trend and subject, local music festivals, public talks, great bars, affordable entertainment and cheap restaurants offering food from around the world.
3. There’s Plenty of Green Spaces
This wasn’t always the case, but the government has invested hugely in creating Berlin parks. Add to that the numerous community projects that are reclaiming areas of waste land, and you have a patchwork of green spaces to escape to. One of the most exciting is Tempelhof. This famous airport is now defunct, but the deserted buildings still stand, and the runways have been turned into a massive park.
4. You Can Be Who You Want
It sounds like a myth, but clients who now live in the city confirm that Berliners don’t judge. It’s one of the reasons that the city has become such a magnet for young people and travellers. Having experienced the brutal divisions of war, the city has healed itself by embracing diversity. Which makes it an amazing place to live and work.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a no obligation removals quote on your move to Berlin from the UK .
Moving to Berlin?
Schepens offers expert European removals. We’re a 4th generation, family-run removals company and our goal is always to provide stress-free removals. We’ve been providing removals to Berlin since the early 1990s, and we love working in this extraordinary city. We ship from the UK regularly, which means we can offer flexible scheduling, and part or dedicated loads to our clients
Tailored European Removals
Moving to Berlin from the UK isn’t a standard event in our clients’ lives. Which is why we don’t offer ‘standard’ removals packages. Instead we allocate specialist Move Co-ordinators to each of our clients. They work with you to develop a unique removals plan which reflects your specific requirements.
Schepens European removals services include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained professional removals teams can pack your home for you, label all your boxes, and create an accurate shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Schepens insures all your goods during transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to ship a piano, fine art, antiques, or any other non-standard goods to Berlin, we can arrange bespoke packing, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you require storage in the UK, Schepens owns local facilities. We provide a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Takes Care of Clients
We take pride in the quality of service we offer to our clients, and we’re delighted to see this reflected in the feedback we receive. Our removals teams are professionally trained, and they understand the importance of offering proactive, practical help to clients throughout the moving process. We’ve gained a reputation for ‘going the extra mile’ to ensure stress-free removals for all our clients.
Schepens perform removals to and from all major towns, cities and areas of Germany including: Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Essen, Bremen, Dresden, Leipzig and Hanover.