Moving to Antwerp | European Removals | Removals to Antwerp
Moving to Antwerp? Schepens Can Help.
Antwerp is the second largest city in Belgium and home to the biggest port in the country. Historically, this powerful trading city has the enviable reputation as diamond capital of the world. Whilst the explorers’ ships no longer sail into the city, laden with gems, the diamond quarter still exists. Antwerp offers the contemporary visitor a vibrant fashion and entertainment scene with remarkable architecture and friendly culture. It’s still very much a medieval city though, with quirky cafe-filled cobblestone paths, a riverside fortress and a truly magnificent cathedral.
However beautiful the city, the thought of moving to Antwerp can be daunting. Any European move is a complex logistical task, which is why we provide a range of services to help. Take the strain off your shoulders by hiring a professional European removals company. We are the leading removal company for Belgium, performing dozens of removals to Antwerp each year.
SPEAK TO US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO BOOK A NO OBLIGATION REMOVALS QUOTATION FROM OUR EXPERIENCED BELGIUM REMOVALISTS
Once you’ve moved and settled in to this beautiful city, here are 5 FREE things to enjoy:
Take in a Panoramic View of Antwerp
In the old dockside area of the city, you’ll find a neighbourhood called Het Eilandje – and there is a museum named MAS. This stunning structure is made from sandstone and glass. Access to the escalators are always free, which allows you to travel up a pedestrian area surrounded by glass panels. Each floor will give you a unique view of the city – with the ultimate panoramic view of Antwerp on the rooftop. Remember to bring your camera!!
Appreciate the Historic Architecture
From Gothic to Renaissance to Modernism, Antwerp has architectural focus points from every era, period and style. Today, the city continues to innovate many architectural treasures which have been added in the recent years. Discover Steen Castle, the New Port House the breathtaking Central Station and the Palace of Justice.
Spend a Relaxed Afternoon at Park Spoor Noord
The impressive Park Spoor Noord is the place to be with groups of friends and families when the sun is out. The north side comprises a vast public outdoor area which has regular markets and events with pop-up bars and food stalls. Located in the front area is a shallow water playground for children; and behind it are public barbecue areas. The remainder of the park is made up of lawn areas, used for casual games of football and frisbee. Alternatively, enjoy an easy walk, jog or cycle ride on the footpaths.
Take a Free Walking Tour
What better way to discover the city than on foot? Plus, it’s an even better experience when you have someone with you who can tell you all about the fun facts of the area. Fortunately in Antwerp, there are several organisations offering free walking tours; ‘Viva’ and ‘Legends of Antwerp’ are the top-rated ones. If this is for you, then book in advance via their website. Happy touring!
Discover the Art in Antwerp
Within the ancient city of Antwerp, art is never too far away. Explore the beautiful cultural gems the city has to offer, such as the stunning Art Nouveau architecture and the work of Rubens – an Antwerp native. The Belgian city is also home to art galleries worthy of any art-admirer’s itinerary.
Here are some of the greatest art galleries in Antwerp:
- Tim Van Laere Gallery: ‘Tim Van Laere Gallery was founded in Antwerp in 1997 by Tim Van Laere. The gallery represents established international and emerging contemporary artists.’
- Stieglitz 19: ‘A gallery specialised in showing contemporary photography from mainly young artists.’
- Galerie Van de Weghe: ‘Established in 1999, Van de Weghe Fine Art is a secondary market gallery specialising in work by Modern, post-war and contemporary European and American artists.’
- Keteleer Gallery: ‘Modern and contemporary art gallery, an old auction house restored into a state-of-the-art gallery space.’
Schepens – The Belgium Moving Company
We’re a 4th generation, family run, removals business. For over a century we’ve moved families to destinations across Europe. We provide first class Antwerp removals every year, which means we can offer flexible scheduling and competitive pricing. We allocate a dedicated Move Co-ordinator to every client, who will work with you throughout your move. Our removals teams know their way around the city, and are trained professionals who will go the extra mile to facilitate your move.
Client-Centred Removals Services
Every move is unique, which is why Schepens don’t offer standard moving packages. Instead, we take time to find out what kind of support you need for your removals from the UK to the Antwerp, and then we create a specialist package of services for you. Our primary goal has always been to reduce the anxieties moving can give rise to. How do we do it? By offering tailored support for your removals to Belgium.
The services we offer include:
• Packing: our professional BAR trained packers can pack up your home in preparation for shipping. They’ll provide detailed labelling for each box, and compile a comprehensive inventory.
• Insurance: your goods will be covered whilst they’re in transit. We can provide additional Accidental Damage and Extended Liability insurance if you require it.
• Non Standard Goods: if you’re shipping musical instruments, fine art or valuable antiques we can arrange for bespoke packaging and shipping.
• Storage: if you would like to store goods or furniture, Schepens has local self storage facilities. We can arrange door-to-door delivery to our secure, climate controlled facilities.
• Removals Vehicles: Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.