European Removals | Removals to Denmark | UK to Denmark Removal Company
Schepens Can Help if You’re Moving From UK to Denmark
Starting to wonder if Scandanavia’s the new start you’ve been looking for? Well 18,835 Brits have already made the move, and there’s been a rapid rise in applications for citizenship over the past two years. Around a third of expats have moved there to be with a partner, but the majority are working in one of the many large companies based in Denmark, or running their own businesses.
So why the growth of interest in our northern neighbour? Well, we’ve become large-scale consumers of Scandi-noir, such as The Bridge. And, thanks to celebrities like Sandi Toksvig, we’ve realised that we have a lot more in common with northern Europeans than we might have imagined. Finally, let’s not forget that Denmark has been voted the happiest country in the world, two years running!!
So here are 4 reasons why removals to Denmark are so popular
1. It’s a Great Place to Work
We all know about Lego, which is currently one of Denmark’s biggest employers, but there’s also Carlsberg, Maersk, Pandora and ColoPlast. These industry giants use English as their official language, and recruit from around the globe. Then there’s a healthy culture of self-employment amongst expats; 6.5% of the current expat population work for themselves.
2. It Does Cosiness Really Well
The Brits have been trying really hard to crack cosiness, but no-one seems to do it as well as the Danes. Hygge has been trending in Britain for a while now. It’s all about a quality of life that’s founded on home pleasures, friends and simple activities such as walking reading or talking. Hygge rejects the idea that wealth or consumer culture is necessary to be happy.
3. It’s Not as Expensive as You Might Think
Yes, eating out is hugely expensive, and the tax on cars is eye-wateringly high, but that’s only half the story. First of all, wages are around 25% higher than in Britain, and working hours are lower. Second, taxes are high but they’re used to support a high quality of life for citizens. The focus is on families, so childcare is largely free, and the cost of international school education is kept low.
4. Property is Cheaper Than in UK
Of course, luxury apartments in the heart of Copenhagen will cost you a fortune. But take a drive 45 minutes from the city and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the way the prices drop. If you are planning to be self-employed in Denmark, you have 1,000s of beautiful islands to choose from for your home, or picturesque villages complete with thatched cottages.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A QUOTE FOR HOUSE MOVERS TO DENMARK, CONTACT SCHEPENS TODAY ON 01794 323558.
Schepens Is an Experienced UK to Denmark Removal Company
We’ve been moving families from the UK to Denmark for over a century now, either for work or to start a new life. We know all the major cities well, and it’s a country we love working in. Because we ship regularly to Denmark, we’re able to offer clients flexible scheduling, and extremely competitive pricing on dedicated or part loads.
Customised Removals to Denmark
100 years of experience tells us that there’s no such thing as a ‘standard’ European removal. Which is why we don’t offer ‘standard removals packages’. Instead, we allocate a dedicated Move Co-Ordinator to each client. They will create a tailor-made package, based on your specific requirements. Our most popular European removals services include:
- Packing. Our professional removals teams are BAR trained. They will pack up your home for you, label boxes, and create a detailed inventory for shipping.
- Insurance. Schepens insures your goods during transit. Should you require additional insurance such as Extended Liability or Accidental Damage, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re shipping fragile goods, antiques, or artworks, Schepens can provide bespoke packaging, shipping and insurance.
- Self Storage. Should you need to store items in the UK, Schepens has secure, local storage facilities. We provide a door-to-door service and a climate-controlled environment.
- Removals Vehicles. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Employees go the Extra Mile
The goal of every Schepens employee is to minimise the stress and anxiety of moving for our clients. European removals are a huge upheaval and our professional teams are trained to provide the very best service to support you. This means working proactively to anticipate and manage challenges, go the extra mile if it’s required, and putting the client’s need before all else.
Schepens currently move to all the major towns and cities in Denmark, including:
Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense, Aalborg, Frederiksberg, Esbjerg, Gentofte, Gladsaxe, Randers, Kolding and Horsens. We also provide removals back to the UK from Denmark and any other European country.