Removals Bournemouth Area | Bournemouth Removals
Thinking of Moving From London to Bournemouth?
The beauty of Bournemouth’s golden sands on a sunny day is hard to beat. But what’s it like on a wet and windy November afternoon? And is there anything to do in Bournemouth, besides walking on the promenade? Is moving from London to Bournemouth a good idea for the long term, or would you end up regretting it once the shine wore off?
Over the decades Schepens has moved numerous families to Bournemouth from London, many of them asking these same questions, and nervous about the decision they’ve made. The good news is that the vast majority of those movers are still living happily in Bournemouth. We asked them what advice they’d give to Londoners worried about moving to Dorset:
1. Moving to Bournemouth is the Best Decision I’ve Ever Made
If I’d listened to all the downsides to moving out of London, I’d never have done it. In the end I took the plunge and I’ve never regretted it in all the 6 years I’ve been here. When I made the move I couldn’t afford anything in Sandbanks, Lilliput or Westbourne, but I’ve never had any problems living in the town, and I just love being by the sea.
2. Bournemouth has Energy All Year Round
When we moved away from London we wanted somewhere that had a bit of energy about it, and wasn’t run down. Bournemouth has students, thanks to the local Uni. They keep the local economy going, and they ensure there’s a buzz throughout the year. The downside is that they can be a bit rowdy, but I’d much rather that than a town that dies when the tourists go home!
3. What To Do If You’re Not Sure
We were undecided until we hit on the idea of spending a couple of weeks in Bournemouth in mid January. It’s the lowest of seasons, and everybody’s still recovering from Christmas. It was like a real stress test of the place. Thankfully, we liked what we saw. It was a treat to have the area to ourselves, and we discovered lots of independent restaurants and cafes run by people who – guess what – had moved from London to Bournemouth. We didn’t want to go home – now we live here!
4. Look Beyond Bournemouth
Bournemouth’s lovely, but it’s not the sole reason we moved here. We were looking for a centre which would provide great walking, adventures for our children as they grew up, and a sense of space which we we lacking in London. So we live in Bournemouth, but we have the whole of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire on our doorstep. I can’t believe how lucky we are.
Schepens Can Help With Your Move to Bournemouth
Schepens offers far more than removals to Bournemouth if you’re contemplating moving from London. We’re a local, family-run company and we know the area well. If you want local knowledge we can provide that, as well as giving you guidance on the best days to move and times to avoid due to local congestion.
Tailored Removals to Bournemouth
No two Bournemouth removals are the same, which is why we tailor each move to the specific needs of our movers. You’ll be allocated a move co-ordinator who’ll work with you to create a bespoke removals plan. Once complete, this will become the basis of your free, no obligation removals quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. No time to pack? No worries. Our team of professional packers can do the job for you. We use eco-friendly packaging and robust boxes to keep your home safe is transit.
- Insurance. Your goods are covered during the journey to your new home in Bournemouth. If you would like additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, your move co-ordinator will arrange cover.
- Specialist Removals. We don’t use our specialist removals team on every move, but if there’s a piano, fine art or antiques to transport, they’ll handle it.
- Local Self Storage. If you find that you need somewhere to store furniture that won’t fit, or sports equipment that threatens to take over, Schepens has local storage facilities. We provide a clean, dry environment with 24 hour CCTV.
- Transport. Your goods will be transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
Bournemouth Removals With a Second-to-None Reputation
“Amazing company, wonderful staff, nothing is too much, I could not have more happier with the staff and the service I received. You will be very safe hands if you use Schepens and I would recommend them to anyone. You truly will not be disappointed. My possessions had to be stored with Schepens for over 2 months the cost of the storage and the removal was very competitive.”