Moving to Southampton | Southampton Removals | Relocating to Southampton
Looking for a Second-to-None Moving Company in Southampton?
Schepens is a local moving company in Southampton. For over a century, we’ve moved students, retirees, young professionals and families escaping the city to this lively and endlessly diverse city. All port cities have a whiff of adventure about them, and Southampton more than most. It’s probably best known for being the port from which the doomed Titanic sailed, but it’s maritime history goes back to Roman times, and it remains one of the UK’s busiest ports in the 21st century.
Whatever your reason for moving to Southampton, it’s a city with a huge amount to offer. Here’s 4 reasons why Southampton should be top of your moving list:
1. A Great City to Live In
Southampton caters for cruise ship holiday makers as much as it does for students, or young families. Which makes it a lively and diverse place to live. The West Quay is home is all the High St brands, and the city is host to specialist markets throughout the year. There’s a new marina with a huge choice of eateries, and a great range of music venues, entertainment, theatre and events.
2. A Perfect Spot for Families
Southampton is a perfectly placed city for heritage, beaches and wild woodland. There’s a range of glorious sandy beaches nearby, such as Highcliffe Castle Beach, or Hurst Spit Beach. Portsmouth, with its magnificent historic dockyard is just 30 minutes away. And, Southampton is just on the edge of the glorious New Forest.
3. It’s Possible to Commute
There are fast trains throughout the day, from Southampton to Waterloo, and the journey takes just 80 minutes on average. There are also good links to Bristol, with journey times of around 1 hr 40. If you prefer to commute by car, the M4 is easily accessible and the journey time is around 2 hours. Southampton Airport flies to a number of major British cities, and to destinations across Europe.
4. A Choice of Location
- Hedge End. The top choice with families. It’s got everything you need with a young family: plenty of schools, beautiful parks, a pool and a good range of local shops.
- Shirley. Popular with commuters, thanks to it’s proximity to Southampton Central train station. It also borders the green glory that is Southampton Common.
- Basset. A dream for golf lovers moving to Southampton. The city’s golf club is just a stroll away.
- Cultural Quarter. If you like to be in the hub of a city, there’s a new development in the Cultural Quarter which offers great access to the city’s art venues.
Schepens Provides Southampton Removals
We’re a fourth generation, family-run business with a simple goal – to provide stress-free local Southampton removals for all our clients. With a track record going back to the early 1900s, you can be sure to get a professional and friendly service from our locally recruited removals teams. We can offer advice on the best time of the day to arrive at your new home, how to avoid local traffic, and we’ll make sure there’s plenty of parking on your moving day!
A Range of Services for Clients Moving to Southampton
We’ve never come across a ‘standard’ move, which is why we tailor all our Southampton removals to the specific requirements of our clients. A Move Co-ordinator will help you to create a unique removals plan, drawing on our range of services.
Schepens removals services include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained professional removals teams can pack up your home for you, label your boxes, and create a detailed inventory of your furniture and goods.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional insurance (Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability) we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. No matter what you need to transport, we can provide professional removals. We are experienced in the removals of pianos, fine art and antiques.
- Self Storage. If you need to store items of furniture, or household goods, Schepens has local storage facilities. We offer a door-to-door service, and secure facilities.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Excellent Standards of Customer Service
We take pride in the comments and feedback we receive from our clients. For many of them, the attention to detail, friendliness, and care shown by Schepens’ staff, are what set us apart. Our removals teams are all professionally trained, and know the importance of being proactive problem solvers. And every single Schepens employee is willing to go the extra mile for our clients.