Removals to Brussels | Moving to Brussels
Make Your Move to Brussels Stress-Free With Schepens
Brussels is famous for being the home of the European Commission. It’s less well known for its extraordinary concentration of Art Nouveau Buildings in the Ixelles and Saint Gilles neighbourhoods. Professionals moving to Brussels for work, quickly find that beneath Brussels’ bureaucratic reputation there’s a warm and quirky city that’s a great place to make your home.
Schepens has been helping families and solo professionals move to Brussels for over a century now. We travel to Belgium several times a week and always enjoy the opportunity to work in this beautiful country. Many of our movers are now happily settled in Brussels. So, we asked them if there was any advice they’d give to new movers preparing for removals to Brussels. Here’s what they told us:
1. It’s Easy to Feel at Home in Brussels
If you enjoy being part of an international family, Brussels is your ideal location. The city has a huge expat population from around the globe. Which means everyone’s working hard to meet other expats and build their social circle. At any one time there’s 100 languages being spoken which is exiting, and energising, but it can also be overwhelming. Even a quick trip to the local shop can involve up to 3 languages!
2. English Isn’t the Dominant Language
Brussels is just a quick hop over the Channel and it takes just 2 hours on the Eurostar to get there from London. Because of this, many expats expect English to be spoken as a matter of course. In fact, French and Flemish are the first languages for the city. This can cause difficulties when you first arrive, as all the bureaucratic stuff you have to do is conducted in French. So be prepared, and brush up on your French and German before your move.
3. Walk the City
Lots of expats share the experience of getting caught up in a work bubble for their first few months in the city. They socialise with other expats, and all go to the same restaurants and bars. You only really start to feel at home, though, when you’ve discovered the city for yourself by walking through it. Check out the Art Nouveau architecture, find out of the way eateries, and visit the city’s beautiful parks.
4. Explore Europe From Brussels
One of the major advantages of living in Brussels is that Europe is on your doorstep. It’s an entirely different experience from living on an island, and for many expats it’s a liberation. Germany, France and the Netherlands are just a train ride away, so weekend excursions are a must. Brussels is a great place to live, but it’s easy to become inward-looking. Journeys to neighbouring countries provide perspective, and each one is a potential adventure.
Schepens Offer Removals to Belgium
Schepens is a 4th generation, family-run UK removals company, with a soft spot for Belgium. That’s because it’s where our family originated from before emigrating to Britain in the 1900s. For over a century, since then, we’ve been providing stress-free removals to and from Belgium. As regular visitors to the country we can provide flexible scheduling, and the option of either full or part load shipping to Brussels.
Tailored Removals to Brussels
No matter how many times you move, or where you’re moving to, all European removals are unique in their own way. Which is why Schepens tailors their removals to suit your individual requirements. You’ll work with a professional Move Co-ordinator to develop your bespoke removals plan. Once complete, this will form the basis of your FREE no obligation removals quotes.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. If you’re happy to pack your home up, we’ll provide packing materials. If not, our trained packers will do the job for your fast, and efficiently, creating a shipping inventory as they go.
- Insurance. Your goods will be insured in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover, your Move Co-ordinator can arrange this for you.
- Specialist Removals. We like to think of our removals service as comprehensive. So, whether you’re moving a piano, antique furniture, or a work of art, we have specialists to help. They will arrange bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you need to put furniture or household items into storage in the UK, Schepens has a number of local storage facilities. We offer a door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Choose Schepens For Peace of Mind
At Schepens we take pride in the reputation we’ve built, over the years, for providing stress-free removals. Our removals teams take much of the credit for this. They’re made up of trained professionals who’re also proactive problem solvers, and more than happy to go the extra mile on our movers’ behalf. From your first phone call onwards, you’re in safe hands with Schepens.
“We wanted to say that it has been a pleasure dealing with Schepens from start to finish! Everyone has been so helpful, and certainly made the move less stressful, the men arrived on time, packed up with no problem, they were so quick, but careful and thoughtful too.”