Southampton Removal Company | Local Removals Company
Southampton combines the energy and diversity of a university town, with a fast growing local economy and close proximity to some of the most spectacular coastline in the UK. There’s a huge level of investment going into this city’s regeneration ensuring that it’s on the way to being an innovative and important business hub on the south coast.
CONTACT US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION QUOTE ON LOCAL REMOVALS COMPANY IN SOUTHAMPTON!
Southampton developments over the past decade include:
- The Station Quarter – with direct trains to London Waterloo and Southampton airport
- The Cultural Quarter – providing a new contemporary art gallery, performing art space and cinema
- Shopping – new public plaza near the extended WestQuay shopping centre
- Royal Pier Waterfront – luxury apartments and leisure facilities
Southampton remains an important UK port earning £3 million pa from cruise shipping alone, but it is gradually transforming itself into an international business centre and visitor destination.
Working in Southampton
Business growth has been rapid over the past decade, and there’s no indication of it slowing. The PwC Good Growth for Cities Index places Southampton 3rd, and increasing numbers of businesses are starting up or moving to the city location each year. There’s huge support for start ups from local business initiatives such as SETSquared and Catalyst making Southampton an entrepreneurial, youthful city with a bright future ahead.
House Prices in Southampton
The average price for a house in Southampton is £276,300. Popular areas of the city to buy include:
- The Cultural Quarter – new build townhouses and apartments with river and marina views
- Hedge End – a popular choice for families who are looking for easy access to shops, schools, parks and the station
- Portswood & Highfield – an eclectic mix of housing close to the university, and to St Denys station
- Basset – home to Southampton’s student population, and to the major sporting facilities in the city
Popular Schools in Southampton
As with any large city there’s excellent provision across pre-school, primary and secondary schooling. St Mary’s Church of England, Bitterne, St Patrick’s are very popular primary schools. As far as secondary education goes, Cantell School, and Regent’s Park Community College are both popular and are rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. St Anne’s Catholic School is considered ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Schepens – a Local Removals Company in Southampton
Schepens has been moving families to the city of Southampton for over a century now, and we’ve particularly enjoyed watching its most recent transformation. Whether you’re moving from student digs to a flat, or relocating from London to take advantage of the blend of urban and rural living, we can help to make your removals efficient and stress-free.
We understand that every move is unique, so we offer bespoke removals plans in which you pay only for the services you require. Should you need storage, we have local, fully-maintained facilities and we offer door-to-door service. Our professional removals teams are BAR trained and are locally recruited, which means that if you don’t know the city well, they can provide a wealth of local knowledge for you.