Moving to Toronto | Toronto Removals | Relocating to Toronto
Living in Toronto
Toronto sits in the ‘Golden Horseshoe’; a hugely popular location on the Great Lakes, and home to around 8 million people. This North American city, known for the warmth of its welcome and the icy chill of its winters has as its motto: Diversity Our Strength. Almost half of Toronto’s population have migrated there from elsewhere, attracted by the strong economy and the celebration of diversity which characterises the city.
Schepens has been providing removals to Canada for over 100 years now. We enjoy our regular visits to towns and cities across the length and breadth of this stunning country. Despite a commonality of language, though, we know that living in Toronto is very different from living in the UK. We asked some of our clients, now resident in the city, what their experience of day-to-day life is. Here are some of their responses.
1. You’ve Never Experienced a Winter Like This
If you’re thinking of moving to Toronto, you’ve probably read about the winter. But living through it is quite a different matter. It starts in November and goes on till May. It’s cold, really cold. Temperatures can hit -30ºC, so invest in warm winter wear before you travel. Coats need to be long and waterproof, as we get icy winds and freezing rain, as well as snow.
2. Torontonians Make You Welcome
We heard a lot about the warmth of the welcome migrants get in Toronto, and every bit of it is true. People go out of their way to help you out, invite you over, and make you feel at home in the city. It’s not just at a personal level either – streetcar drivers will actually wait for you if you’re running to jump on!
3. Canada is a Massive Country
The UK is a minute place to live in comparison with Canada, and that takes some getting used to. Toronto is situated in the east, so it only takes around 7 hours to get back to see friends and family. But it takes 4 or 5 hours, by train, to get to Ottowa or Montreal – and travel is expensive. Even getting out of the city takes a while, so we tend to hire a car to explore the countryside and Lakes region.
4. Summers are a Celebration
After 6 months of cold and hibernation, outdoor life goes into overdrive come May 1st. Many people mark the switch by donning their shorts whatever the weather on that day. Summers are hot, giving lots of opportunity to enjoy the lake, and the islands, attend outdoor festivals, and travel outside the city confines.
Schepens Provides Removals to Toronto
Schepens is a 4th generation, family-run moving firm, and one of the UK’s leading international removals companies. We’ve been supporting families with removals to Toronto for over a century now. And we’ve built a reputation for delivering a stress-free experience, even in the most challenging of conditions! Because we ship regularly to Toronto, we’re able to offer flexible scheduling and a full, or part load shipping container.
Tailored Removals to Canada
Moving to Canada is always an event, no matter how often you’ve moved home before. That’s why we treat every move as unique. Our international clients are each allocated a professional Move Co-ordinator. They will help to develop your tailored removals plan, in response to your individual requirements. The result will then form the basis of your FREE no obligation quotation.
Schepens’ removals services include:
- Professional Packing. Professional Packing Services. Our industry trained removers can pack up your home efficiently, label your boxes with attention to detail, and create your shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods will be insured throughout transit. If you wish to supplement this with Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Items. We move pianos, artwork and antiques safely and securely to Toronto. Schepens provides bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you need to store furniture or household items in the UK, Schepens has a number of local self storage facilities. We provide door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
At Schepens we take pride in the quality of the services we provide for all our customers. To ensure excellence at all levels, we invest in industry training for all our employees. This guarantees a standard across the company, and promotes a confident, proactive staff who are more than willing to ‘go the extra mile’ on their customers’ behalf.
“We have been fortunate enough to meet some wonderful people like yourselves who have gone that extra mile to help us. Your help and support has been outstanding and we just wanted you to know how much we appreciated it.”