Moving to Sweden | Removals to Sweden | Removals Quote to Sweden
Living in Sweden Pros and Cons
Schepens has been moving clients between Sweden, the UK and locations across Europe, for over 100 years now. It’s a stunning country, and one of the UK’s nearest neighbours. Despite its proximity, however, Swedish culture is very different from that of the UK. To test out just how different, we asked a number of our clients who’d lived in Sweden to share their ‘pros and cons’. Here’s our list of the most popular responses in each category.
Pros of Living in Sweden
- Great Work/Life Balance. The Swedish attitude towards employees is one of trust and support. Working for a Swedish business is all about negotiating a work/life balance that means you bring the best of yourself into the office every day. Remote working, well-being breaks, and no weekend working are all part of the mix.
- Cities Work Well and Look Good. Swedish culture believes in taking care of the environment and each other. That means keeping your city or neighbourhood looking good, and not assuming it’s someone else’s job to do it. The transport infrastructure is impeccable – everything runs efficiently and is well-used.
- Healthy Living is Normal. Staying healthy and looking after yourself is high on the agenda in Sweden. The vast majority of Swedes are involved in sports, one way or another. It may be a daily walk, ice hockey, or sailing but getting outside and active is a norm for weekends. And living in a stunningly beautiful country makes you want to get out.
Cons of Living in Sweden
- The Weather. Don’t underestimate the impact dark, cold, and rainy winters have on life in Sweden. And it’s not just the expats who are complaining. Swedes notoriously crave the warmth and sun which comes their way for just 6 months of the year, and the national mood lowers throughout the darker months.
- Swedish is the Preferred Language. This is only really a ‘con’ if you can’t speak Swedish and you don’t want to learn. Most Swedes speak at least 2 or 3 languages, and they expect others to do the same. So don’t expect everyone to speak English to accommodate your needs; they’ll want to see equal effort made from your side.
- The State Controls Alcohol Consumption. In Sweden the role of the state is bigger than in the UK. One of the manifestations of this is the ‘government controlled alcohol store’. These were created to control alcoholism back in the 1950s and they remain the only place to buy drinks that contain more than 3.5% alcohol.
Tailored Removals to Sweden With Schepens
Schepens is a 4th generation, family-run European removals company. We’ve built a powerful reputation, over the past century, for stress-free removals to Sweden. How do we do it? By creating tailored removals plans for every single client – because we know that every move is unique. Our dedicated Move Co-ordinators work with clients to determine what they require from Schepens range of services:
- Part or Full Load Shipping. Because Schepens ships regularly to Sweden, we’re able to offer flexible scheduling and full or part-load shipping.
- Packing. Our BAR trained removals teams can pack up your home, label all your boxes, and create a detailed inventory for shipping.
- Insurance. We insure your goods during transit. If you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. Whether you plan to ship a piano, fragile artworks or fine art, we can provide bespoke packing, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. If you need to store goods in the UK, Schepens has local self storage facilities. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON YOUR MOVE TO SWEDEN!
European Removals and Great Customer Service
Stress free removals are all about providing professional support and services throughout the process of moving. Our professional, BAR trained removals teams understand the importance of being proactive problem-solvers, and going the extra mile for customers. We’re passionate about moving people properly, and we pay great attention to detail at every stage.
Planning a move to Sweden? Take a look at clients’ pros and cons to living in Sweden, and call our friendly team to find out how we can support your removals – 01794 323558
Schepens currently perform international removals to all the major towns in Sweden, including Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Uppsala, Vasteras, Orebro, Linkoping, Helsingborg, Jonkoping, Norrkoping, Lund, Umeå, Gavle, Boras, Skara and Sodertalje.
With a new depot located in Jönköping we are perfectly positioned to help with the logistics of your move throughout Sweden
Schepens International Ltd
SE-555 93 Jönköping
Tel: +46105 519470