Moving to Poole | UK Removals
Living in Poole
Poole sits in a large natural harbour, looking out over a bay studded with small islands. This popular resort is often compared unfavourably with it larger and more glitzy neighbour, Bournemouth, but that’s unfair. It has a character all of its own, and a harbour front which is redolent of traditional seaside holidays.
1. Brownsea Island
This is the island that Enid Blyton took for her inspiration when creating the Famous Five adventure books. Now Brownsea Island is owned by the National Trust and it’s an absolute delight to have on your doorstep. Every visit starts just like an adventure, with a boat trip from Sandbanks jetty. On the island there are red squirrels to be found in the ancient woodland – and a real feeling of being a million miles from it all.
2. The Beaches – All 4 of Them!
Living in Poole means access to beaches that are some of the cleanest and safest in the UK. And that’s not just hyperbole! They’ve been awarded the European Blue Flag no less that 21 times since 1987. That’s more than any other resort. Sandbanks is the most famous for its beautiful golden sands, but there’s also Shore Road, Branksome Chine and Canford Cliffs Chine nearby. All of them are different, and utterly beautiful in their own way.
3. The Lighthouse Arts Centre
You might expect to be dependent on Bournemouth for culture, but Poole has it’s own arts centre and it’s as good as anything you’ll find locally. The amazing thing is that it has no less than 4 auditoria to house music (there’s a concert hall), touring shows, small scale theatre, dance, cinema and art. The Lighthouse is a great place for a night out and the locals make good use of it.
4. The Quay
The great thing about living in Poole is that, whatever your mood, a walk down the quay will always make the day better. Poole is a busy modern port, but it has an historic port too, and an old town to explore. Apart from the tall ships, and the bars and cafes, there’s an amazing piece of art by Sir Anthony Caro. It’s called Sea Music and is designed to be interactive. There are two elevated viewing platforms that provide great views, and changing perspectives of the 11 metre sculpture.
Speak to us today on 01794 323558 for a free, no-obligation quote on removals Poole.
Schepens Offers Removals to Poole
Schepens is a local, family business and for over 100 years we’ve been offering removals to this busy seaside town. We’re now in our fourth generation as movers, but we retain our original aim which is to provide stress-free removals across the UK. Our professional removals teams are locally recruited and have a wealth of local knowledge they can share, from the best fish and chips to the most favourable time of day to move.
Tailored Removals to Dorset
As a leading provider of removals to Dorset, we’ve never yet come across a ‘standard’ removal. One of the reasons we continue to love this work is the sheer variety of removals experiences it provides. We don’t offer ‘standard’ removals packages, therefore. Instead our professional move co-ordinators work with clients to develop a removals plan that’s bespoke to their specific requirements.
Schepens removals services include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained removals teams offer a range of professional packing services. If you prefer to pack yourself, we’ll provide robust packing materials.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional extended liability or accidental damage insurance, we can arrange cover for you.
- Non-Standard Removals. If you need a piano moving, or a valuable artwork, or antique, we can help. Schepens offers bespoke packing, handling and removals.
- Local Self Storage. Should you need some extra space to accommodate furniture or goods locally, Schepens has secure, climate controlled storage facilities.
- Transport. Your goods will be transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Customer Service is Our Priority
We’ve seen – first hand – how stressful moving can be, and we strive to remove the stress from moving in any ways we can. All our removals teams are trained to industry standards to provide a professional service, and proactively solve problems for clients. We’re always friendly, and accommodating, and we’ll happily go the extra mile to make your move easier.
We have helped people to move to all areas around Poole including removals to: Wimbourne Minster, Ashington, Corfe Mullen, Hampreston, Merley, Bear Cross, Ferndown, Kingston Lacy, Cowgrave, and Sandbanks.