Removals to Spain | Moving to Spain
If you’re moving to Spain for work, Madrid is more than likely to be your location. It’s the capital city, home to 3 million people, and centre of the Spanish business world. And we should also mention, it’s one of the most stylish and vibrant cities in Europe. Madrid has long been known for it’s cafe culture, but it also has an excellent reputation for nightlife, art, and – of course – football.
Schepens continues to provide removals to Madrid for families, students and solo professionals travelling to this beautiful city. Our removals teams know the city well, but as far as living in Madrid is concerned, we rely on the many Schepens movers who are now happily settled there. Here is what they tell us:
1. Madrid Feels Like a Safe City
It was a shock when I first moved here to see the mixing of different age groups on the streets of the city. Older women were stood in groups, relaxed and chatting; young people are sat in street cafes and kids are out on the street playing. It’s like that all over the city. So it feels safe because people behave as though they’re safe. And the crime rate in Madrid is pretty low.
2. So Many Reasons to Pop Into a Cafe
I’ve given up on avoiding coffee. It’s literally the fuel that Madrid runs on – and it’s so good! There’s also plenty of opportunities to try out the many wonderful cafes scattered across Madrid. I love the fact that there are traditionally two breakfasts in Spain; one before you leave home, and then one in a cafe later. I was addicted to churros when I first arrived – that’s had to stop, I’m afraid.
3. Speaking Spanish is a Must
You can get by without speaking Spanish. You can even get by pretty well. But all your friends will be expats like you, and you won’t have access to the ‘energy’ of the city. Madrid has its own slang and if you’re learning Spanish you’ll pick it up as you go. Speaking Spanish opens up experiences and parts of the city you just won’t access otherwise.
4. My Favourite Place
I’m not sure I want to share this as I love Hammam Al Andalus so much, I don’t want it too well known. It’s a Turkish Bath right in the centre of the city, offering an opportunity to dip out of the busy city centre into a haven of tranquillity and calm. The architecture and mosaics are beautiful, and I recommend that you treat yourself to a bath and a massage.
Schepens Offers Removals to Spain
Removals to Spain from the UK has long been the dream of many Brits. Over the years Schepens has moved families to every corner of Spain, and many of them remain happily to this day. We believe that starting a new life should not begin with a stressful moving experience. So, for over 100 years Schepens has been perfecting the art of stress-free removals. We do regular removals to Madrid which means we can offer flexible scheduling, affordable prices, and full or part load shipping.
Tailored European Removals
Moving to a European city, such as Madrid, is likely to be a unique experience for most of our movers. It will also be unique for us, and that’s how we treat it. Every single Schepens mover is allocated a professional move co-ordinator. They will work with you to create a tailored removals plan based on your specific requirements. Once complete, this becomes the basis of a FREE no obligation removals quote.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Service. Our BAR trained packers will pack up your home in hours, accurately label your boxes, and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. You goods will be covered in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, your move co-ordinator will arrange cover.
- Specialist Removals. No matter what you need to include in your removals to Madrid our specialist team will handle it. We have moved grand pianos, artworks and antiques.
- Self Storage. Should you need to store furniture or household items in the UK, Schepens has a number of local storage facilities offering 24 hr CCTV, and a secure environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
As a leading UK provider of stress-free removals to Spain, Schepens takes great pride in the reputation we’ve built. Which is not to say we take it for granted. Each employee is industry trained, and works alongside experienced removals teams. The result is proactive professionals who problem solve on movers’ behalf, and who are always ready to go the extra mile.