Living in Lymington
There are plenty of people who love yachts living in Lymington, but it’s by no means a pre-requisite. This beautiful Georgian seaside town was voted one of the best places to live in Britain in 2018. It was chosen because of its shipbuilding heritage, it’s glorious cobbled High Street and the range of shops, walks, leisure amenities and local eateries available.
Schepens is a local Hampshire moving company and has been providing Lymington removals for over a century now. It’s one of our favourite places to visit, and we love the approach to the town, winding through the New Forest. But we don’t live there, so we get a very partial view. In order to find out what living in Lymington was actually like, we asked some of the client we helped move there. Here’s what they told us.
1. A Perfect Place to Retire
A third of the Lymington residents are over 65, which isn’t any kind of surprise. The town rather likes the fact that it’s not an easy place to get to, so it’s not ideal for commuters. As a 20 year old, you’d probably want more, but it’s perfect if you are looking for walks, messing about on the river, and a good range of shops and restaurants.
2. It’s Where the Forest Meets the Coast
If you’re looking for somewhere that allows you to spend hours enjoying nature – Lymington is perfect. The Solent Way offers 60 miles of marsh, forest and lagoons along the Hampshire coast – and some of the most stunning views of the Isle of Wight. Then there’s the New Forest to explore; there’s hundreds of different trails taking in woodland, heath, animals and villages.
3. Georgian Sea Water Baths
The sea baths in Lymington began their life in 1784 as little more than a hut beside the sea. A permanent structure was built in 1833 and these are the ones that exist to this day. Lymington’s sea water baths are the oldest in the UK. They’re open air and now feature obstacle courses and hot tubs, but basically they offer the same experience of enjoying a swim in sea water as they did over 150 years ago. It’s thoroughly stimulating!
4. A Really Delightful Town and Community
Living in Lymington really offers the best of all worlds. It’s generally busy during the day – especially on Saturday when the street market takes over the High St – but then the visitors go home and we get the town back again. There’s a car ferry over to the Isle of Wight, and Bournemouth and Southampton are both around 40 minutes away. If you’re looking for a hideaway, Lymington fits the bill.
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON REMOVALS TO LYMINGTON!
Schepens Provides Removals to Lymington
Schepens is a Hampshire-based removals company, and we’ve been helping families to move across the county for over 100 years now. As a family-run business, we care about providing a personalised, stress-free experience for our movers which – whilst thoroughly professional – is also friendly and helpful. We know Lymington well, and can help with any questions you may have about it.
Tailored Removals to Lymington
Schepens has been in the removals business long enough to know there’s no such thing as a standard move. Which is why we don’t offer ‘standard packages’. Instead, every client is allocated a Move Co-ordinator who will help with the development of a tailored removals plan, based on specific requirements. It is this unique plan which we base our FREE no obligation quotation on.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. Our trained, uniformed removals staff can pack up your home, label your boxes and create a detailed room-by-room inventory for you.
- Insurance. All your items will be covered by isurance during transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability cover, we can arrange it for you.
- Non-Standard Goods. If a piano, fine art, or valuable antiques are part of your move to Lymington, Schepens will arrange bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Local Self Storage. Should you need to store any items locally, Schepens has self storage facilities across Hampshire. We provide door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Excellent Customer Service From Schepens
Schepens has built an enviable reputation for customer service over the years. Our aim is to provide stress-free removals for our customers, and we invest heavily in order to achieve this. Every employee is trained to industry standards and they consider themselves as professionals. They’re proactive problem solvers, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for movers.
“I would like to mention the professionalism, kindness and sensitivity your 3 young men showed to us when moving my partner’s belongings to Lymington. I would highly recommend your company to anyone in the future.” Christine Penny