Moving to Denmark | Denmark Removals | Relocating to Denmark
Living in Denmark
Most of us were introduced to Denmark via ‘Danish Pastries’ – and indeed the Danes love cakes! But there is so much more to admire and enjoy in this beautiful country. From Renaissance castles, to colourful harbours and windswept, deserted beaches. For city-lovers, the Danes do urban living extraordinarily well. There’s world-class art galleries, theatres, music venues and shops, enveloped in a culture of inclusiveness.
Schepens has been providing removals to Denmark for over a century now. We feel extremely lucky to have the chance to work regularly in this extraordinary country and we enjoy our visits to its towns and cities. In order to find out what living in Denmark day-to-day is like, we asked some of our clients who are now resident there. Here’s what they told us:
1. Buy a Bike as Soon as You Arrive
Denmark isn’t just bike-friendly; it’s bike-crazy! There’s two good reasons for the Danes’ love affair with bikes. First, petrol is so expensive that you simply can’t afford to take unnecessary trips in the car. And second, the country was made for biking. It’s flat, with huge skies and glorious cycling paths pretty much wherever you want to go.
2. Learn Danish
Everyone in Denmark starts learning English from the age of around 6. Which is great if you’re a tourist to the country. It’s good if you’re looking to make friends in the town where you’ve settled. But if you’re looking for work, trying to manage bureaucracy or wanting to sort out healthcare or schooling, you need to speak Danish. It’s not an advantage to speak English in Denmark – because everyone does.
3. Watch Your Waistline
Celebrating your birthday? There’s a cake for that. Going for coffee? There’s a cake for that. Got a promotion at work? There’s many cakes for that. The Danish are cake royalty. Their cakes are the best you’ll ever come across. If you like cake, you’ll think you’re in heaven for the first few months – then you’ll find that clothes don’t fit any more and you’re having to step up your exercise routine.
4. Make the Most of the Summer
It rains a lot in Denmark, and the skies tend to be grey throughout the winter. Danes tend to be home-birds during until the late Spring, and then they’re out every day through to Autumn. The summers are cherished in Denmark – even though temperatures don’t tend to climb very high. There’s plenty of outdoor events and festivals throughout the summer months, and everyone heads for the beautiful beaches.
Schepens Offers Removals to Denmark
We’re a family-run business, now in our fourth generation of providing UK, European and international removals. Over the past 100 years we’ve become specialists in offering stress-free moves for families relocating to Scandinavia. We now travel several times a week to Denmark, which means we’re able to offer flexible scheduling for your move, as well as part or full container loads.
Tailor-Made European Removals
Relocating to another country is never a ‘standard’ experience, which is why Schepens doesn’t offer ‘standard’ removals. Instead we allocate a professional Move Co-ordinator to all our European removals clients. They will help you to develop a removals plan, tailored to your specific requirements. Once complete, this will become the basis for your FREE no obligation quote.
Schepens’ removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. Whether you need someone to pack up your home, label your boxes or create a detailed shipping inventory, our industry trained professionals can help.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured whilst in transit. If you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability insurance, your Move Co-ordinator can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Items. Moving pianos, artworks or antiques is something we excel in. We’ll arrange bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Self Storage. Should you need to store furniture or household items in the UK, Schepens has a number of local self storage facilities. We provide door-to-door service, and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
At Schepens we take pride in the reputation we’ve grown for first-class customer care and attention. This is down to our excellent removals teams who exemplify the values of the company in everything they do. Consequently, they consider themselves removals professionals, and are happy to be proactive decision makers. And they’ll always ‘go the extra mile’ if they can help customers out.
“Huge thanks to your guys for such a great service in getting my furniture to Roskilde – you have made my move to Denmark so much easier than I had expected. You can be very proud of both your service and your staff, and from my perspective it is so refreshing to be treated and respected as a customer, and not just treated as a number on an invoice. Very well done indeed.”