European Removals | Norway Moving Company
What’s Life in Tromsø Like?
Tromsø is the second most populated city north of the Arctic Circle in Norway. It’s a small island, no bigger than Manhattan, and it’s surrounded by snow-capped mountains all throughout the year. Tromsø isn’t a ‘showy’ city, it’s only got three main streets, one small shopping mall, and the world’s oldest cinema still in use.
Tromsø is home to the world’s most northern university, the Arctic University of Norway. Many of the clients we’ve moved to this region have taken up academic posts there. We asked them how they’ve found living in the Arctic north.
An Isolated and Beautiful Part of the World
The first impression you have of Tromsø is one of wildness and total isolation. The city isn’t large and it’s totally dwarfed by the massive mountainous landscape that surrounds it. Every year we experience the most amazing northern lights – usually in March, or October. Then, in the summer, we hike every weekend and visit nearby islands – Sommarøya, or the ‘summer island’ is our favourite.
The Polar Winter is Hard to Cope With
It sounds terrifying – just over two months with no sun whatsoever. In fact, there is weak daylight for around 3 hours each day, but the sun is noticeably absent. The residents of Tromsø all have their individual home remedies for getting through this period. But most important, they suggest that you value the time to spend indoors with family and friends.
There’s Lots Going On
When you first arrive, it’s hard to believe that there’s a thriving social calendar in Tromsø, but there most certainly is. There’s the International Film Festival each January, and an annual celebration of Sami Culture each February. This includes reindeer sledge races, lasso throwing, and a whole load of talks, language classes and concerts.
Life in Tromsø is Expensive
It’s one of Norway’s most expensive cities because of its isolation. So food costs more in Tromsø than it does in Oslo – which feels mad! Housing is really expensive, because there’s a limited stock and huge competition for the most attractive properties. A big surprise is that there’s fresh fruit and vegetables throughout the year – I’m still not sure how this miracle occurs, but it does!
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON REMOVALS TO TROMSØ!
Tailored Removals to Norway
There’s nothing standard about moving to a city like Tromsø. That’s why we don’t offer standard removals packages. Instead, our professional Move Co-ordinators work with clients to create a removals plan tailored to their unique requirements. Our FREE no obligation quote is based on this plan, so we can guarantee its accuracy.
Schepens removals services include:
- Professional Packing Services. Our removals teams can pack up your home, provide detailed labelling for boxes, and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Your goods will be insured whilst in transit. Should you require additional Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability insurance, we can arrange cover.
- Non-Standard Items. If you want to transport a piano, fine art or antiques to Tromsø, we can arrange bespoke packaging, handling and shipping.
- Local Self Storage. Should you need to store furniture in the UK, Schepens has local storage facilities. We provide door-to-door service and a secure, environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Second-to-None Customer Service
At Schepens we take pride in the level of service we offer at every stage of your removals to Norway. From the first phone call, through preparations to shipping and removals you’ll encounter highly trained employees with one goal, to lighten the stresses of the moving process. For that reason, we regularly ‘go the extra mile’ for our clients – to ensure stress-free European removals.