Moving to Switzerland | Removals to Switzerland| Schepens
Provides International Removals to Switzerland
There’s a few things we all know about Switzerland. The Alps for a start. We know Swiss chocolate is the best in the world. And we know the Swiss love skiing. Oh, and it’s really expensive to live there. But beyond these bits and scraps of knowledge, there’s a complex country with a highly successful business economy, and one of the most efficient and effective healthcare systems in the world.
Here are 5 things we’ve learnt over the many years we’ve been providing international removals to Switzerland.
1. The Expat Community is Extensive and Supportive
Many of the families we’ve helped have been moving to Switzerland for work. There are 130 multinational headquarters in Geneva alone. This means that the country has become a melting pot for expats from around the world, who live and work in distinct communities. As an expat, you’ll fit right in. The greatest danger is that you won’t meet Swiss people!
2. Healthcare is Excellent, and Surprisingly Affordable
Swiss healthcare is considered to be excellent, and Federal Law ensures that it is affordable, and available to everyone. How do they do that? All Swiss residents are required to take out health insurance to cover their treatment. The insurance providers are regulated, so they’re non-competitive, and they’re required to offer the same access to treatment for everyone – no matter they’re medical history.
3. Outdoor Activity is a Cultural Norm
Despite the plenitude of snow, the Swiss are a nation who prefer to spend a large proportion of their time outside. This means that children grow up expecting to ski, snowboard or hike with their parents at the weekend. And this doesn’t just happen in pockets of the population. It’s a cultural obsession, which helps to keep kids active, and off their phones.
4. The Food is Natural and Healthy
The agricultural origins of the Swiss culture are still very much alive in their contemporary cuisine. Culturally, families prefer to cook with foods that are in season and plentifully available locally. The Swiss diet tends to be simple, healthy and nutritious, therefore. Given the range of cultural influences in the country, there’s plenty of choice available, but natural and healthy comes first.
5. The Swiss are World Travellers
If you live on an island, as we Brits do, travelling to the Louvre for an exhibition, or to Germany for a festival, takes planning. This isn’t the case if you live in Switzerland. Travelling across Europe is quick, reliable and relatively cheap. This is because the Swiss share borders with the French, the Austrians, the Germans and the Italians.
Schepens Can Help With Switzerland Removals
Schepens has been helping families to relocate to Switzerland for over a century now. We’ve moved businesses and individuals to virtually every city in this beautiful country, and we’re delighted to be working there. Because we ship regularly to Switzerland, we’re able to offer flexible scheduling to our UK movers. And we can offer dedicated or part load containers, dependent on your budget and the size of your move.
Moving to Switzerland is Unique
No two moves to Switzerland are the same, which is why, at Schepens, we treat every move as unique. Our dedicated Move Co-ordinators work with families to determine their specific requirements, and these become the basis of a tailored removal plan. Then we draw down the services you need. These may include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained removals teams can pack up your house for you, label all your removals boxes, and create a detailed inventory for shipping.
- Insurance. Your goods are insured throughout shipping. If you would like additional insurance cover, such as Accidental Damage, or Extended Liability, we can arrange it.
- Non Standard Shipping. If you’re moving antiques, fine art or large musical instruments, you’ll need bespoke packaging and specialist shipping. This is a service we provide.
- Self Storage. Should you have items that need to go into storage in the UK, Schepens can offer local self storage facilities. We can provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
- Switzerland to UK Removals. If you’re relocating to Switzerland for a defined period, we can also help you to plan and manage your return journey to the UK.
Excellent Customer Service
We pride ourselves on having a 100% record of success when it comes to international removals to Switzerland. Feedback on our services often includes comments on the willingness of Schepens’ removals teams to go the extra mile, and work proactively to solve problems. We train all our professional moving staff to do everything they can to minimise the stress of moving, and relieve the anxieties of planning for an international move.
SPEAK TO US TODAY ON 01794 323558 TO BOOK A NO OBLIGATION REMOVALS QUOTATION ON YOUR MOVE TO SWITZERLAND!