Moving to Sweden from UK | Removals to Sweden | Moving to Sweden | Removals Quote to Sweden
How to Move to Sweden
The idea of moving to Sweden is a dream for many Brits. It boasts stunning landscapes; complimented with a simple, efficient lifestyle with an accent on well-being. The working culture across the country favours a balance of hard work and generous down time. Which is why you’ll find plenty of cultural distractions in the form of art galleries, theatres, and music venues across the country. The capital city, Stockholm, is the largest Nordic city, home to the Swedish parliament and a great place to live and work. If you’re thinking about moving to Sweden; the Schepens removals team, can help you thoroughly prepare.
PLEASE CALL 01794 323558 FOR YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE ON YOUR MOVE TO SWEDEN FROM UK!
Obtaining a a Swedish Visa
As an EU citizen you’re able to live and work in Sweden for up to 3 months without a visa. If you intend to live in Sweden, you’ll need to register yourself on the Swedish population register. To get a ‘personnumber’, you’ll need to prove:
- You’re employed or self employed in Sweden
- You’re studying at a recognised centre in Sweden
- You have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family
Choosing Where to Live
Stockholm is packed with beauty and has a fascinating history; luring Brits every year. Today, there is a perfect balance between the modern capital city and historical landmarks. Its narrow cobblestone streets and medieval buildings are in close proximity to the contemporary harbour, offices, hotels and cafes. All that, and it’s supremely family-friendly, with beautiful green spaces scattered throughout the city.
North of Stockholm is the attractive city of Solna. It’s the perfect place for expats looking for a more relaxed, quiet lifestyle; but still wishing to be in close proximity to Stockholm.
Gothenburg is located south of Sweden; there is an excellent balance between city and rural life. The city is the second largest with an efficient train line system, two universities and a thriving job market.
Located Northern Sweden, Umeå is home to brilliant universities. It’s also placed in a stunning location – on the Umeå River, so expect a big boating culture here. Winter sports are also very popular, especially skiing and ice hockey.
The perfect place for young expats. This university city is vibrant and diverse. It boasts the top-rated place in Sweden for a lively nightlife, with great transport and countless events.
Preparing for Sweden’s Climate
The climate around Sweden is largely dependent on the region.
- Gotland (South). Winters are shorter and milder. There is a humid air; this results in the warm days feeling warm and the cold days feeling cold.
- Svealand (Middle) Generally a cooler climate than Gotland. Snowfall is very common in the winter, which is why it’s home to very popular skiing resorts.
- Norrland (North) The climate of Northern Sweden is often falsely associated with all of the country… Winters are long, extremely cold and very dry. Summers are short, although the temperature does consistently rise to a comfortable 15-20 degrees.
Living in Sweden
Swedes are egalitarian is nature. As a people they favour moderation, self effacement and a cool temper. The family is hugely important across Sweden, and this is reflected in the legal rights afforded parents around paternity and maternity care. Hospitality tends to be quite a formal affair, so you may wait a while to be invited to someone’s house, and when you are, be sure to arrive on time!
Schepens Can Help if You’re Moving to Sweden
Schepens has been moving families to Sweden for over 100 years now. We ship so regularly that we now have a depot in Jönköping which means that we can provide flexible shipping, and cost-effective part or dedicated loads for your goods. If you’re concerned about how to move to Sweden, our experienced Move Co-ordinators will help you every step of the way. Our aim has always been to minimise the anxieties around moving and we have a great track record for supporting Swedish removals.
Tailored Removals to Sweden
We know from experience that every move is different; this is why we don’t offer standard removals packages. Instead we create a specific removals plan based on your specific requirements and needs. We have a wide range of services which include:
- Packing. Our BAR trained removals professionals will pack up your home, label your boxes and create a detailed shipping inventory.
- Insurance. Schepens insures your goods will be insured throughout transit. For extra peace of mind, we can arrange additional Accidental Damage and Extended Liability cover.
- Non-Standard Goods. If you’re planning to ship your car, or you’ve moving valuable antiques or artworks, we will take you through the process and create a bespoke service.
- Storage. Our local storage facilities are ideal should you wish to leave goods or furniture in the UK. We provide a door-to-door service and a secure, climate-controlled environment.
- Transport. Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens has a proven track record when it comes to successfully moving clients into their new homes in Sweden. Our removals teams know Sweden well, and understand how crucial it is to respond proactively to any issues or problems that occur along the way.
If you’re thinking of relocating to Sweden, call the Schepens removals team today on 01794 323558 to find out the level of service we can offer you
Schepens currently perform international removals to all the major towns in Sweden, including Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Uppsala, Vasteras, Orebro, Linkoping, Helsingborg, Jonkoping, Norrkoping, Lund, Umeå, Gavle, Boras, Skara and Sodertalje.
With a new depot located in Jönköping we are perfectly positioned to help with the logistics of your move throughout Sweden
Schepens International Ltd
SE-555 93 Jönköping
Tel: +46105 519470