UK Removals | Moving to Havant
Set in beautiful southern county of Hampshire, Havant is located between Portsmouth and Chichester. It’s a thriving market town, characterised by Georgian architecture and ‘Twittens’, or winding footpaths that weave through the town centre. There’s a lively street market every Tuesday and Saturday; and the town centre is also home to a modern indoor shopping mall which fronts onto an attractive pedestrian precinct in part of West Street, with an interesting blend of specialist retailers and high street names.
If you are thinking of moving to Havant and want to know what the area is like, the feedback we’ve heard from clients we’ve helped move there should give you a good starting point.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A QUOTE FOR MOVING TO HAVANT, CONTACT SCHEPENS TODAY ON 01794 323558.
Where to Buy in Havant?
Past movers recommend to begin looking in the old town. The property is more expensive, but there’s housing from every period including attractive eighteenth century weatherboarded cottages and handsome Queen Anne town houses.
Below is a breakdown of estimate pricing (£) :
• Detached: £260,00 -1,000,000
• Town Houses: £400,000 – 700,00
• Semi-Detached: £240,000 – 450,000
• Cottages and Terraces: £230,000 – 350,000
• Flats £140,000 – 300,000
Beachfront Experience in Havant
Movers regularly talk about the excellent sailing in Havant. South of town is Hayling Island, which is home to four sailing clubs – also with public slipways for owning and launching smaller sized boats. There are also dedicated windsurfing areas along the seafront and in Langstone Harbour. If getting wet doesn’t take your fancy, enjoy a walk or cycle down the pathway whilst taking-in the fresh sea breeze.
Having worked up an appetite after a waterspout activity or relaxing walk, movers recommend two waterside pubs. The Ship Inn and The Royal Oak. Both offer very high quality catering, coupled with superb views. Then there’s Lavender Tea rooms , which has an elegant, quirky and vintage aesthetic. The menu features dishes such as coronation chicken, high tea and the likes of gin and tonic cupcakes.
There’s also a good variety of places to eat out in the evening too. Movers recommend the Robin Hood, which serves traditional, hearty pub food. Alternatively, broaden your horizons and try the Red Chilli, an authentic Bangladesh-styled restaurant; serving Bangladeshi and Indian cuisine with a twist.
The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre has developed a reputation in the town for providing great music, theatre and entertainment experiences. It’s a popular venue with the local community, and is a great place to meet people, and get involved in community groups and events. There’s also a cafe, and a museum integrated into the site, so it’s well worth getting acquainted with this unique facility.
Schepens Can Help With Havant Removals
Schepens has been helping families with removals to Havant for over a century now. We’re a family-run Hampshire removals company and we’ve built a great reputation for providing a stress-free moving experience. Our removals team are all local to the area, and we’re always more than happy to advise on the best routes to take on the day of moving, and what times of the day to avoid due to traffic congestion.
We know that all UK removals are unique, which is why we take great care to provide bespoke planning for each individual client. We achieve this by allocating a professional move co-ordinator who works with clients to tailor a removals plan specific to their needs.
We offer a range of services, which comprise:
- Packing – all our packing professionals have been trained according to BAR Standards. They can pack up your home, label your boxes, and create a detailed inventory.
- Insurance – your goods will be insured during transit, but we can arrange for additional Accidental Damage and Extended Liability policies, if required.
- Non-Standard Items – if you’re moving a piano, a piece of fine art, or an antique, we can arrange for specialist packing, removals and insurance.
- Storage – should you need to store any items as part of your house removals, Schepens has secure, fully managed storage facilities. And offers a door-to-door service.
- Removals Fleet – Your goods will be shipped in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which maintain a constant temperature and humidity, run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, which ensures little or no movement of vehicle content.
Schepens Places Customers First
We take pride in the many positive testimonials we receive from our customers when it comes to Hampshire removals. Much of the credit for these must go to our removals teams. They are all trained professionals at what they do. They proactively manage challenges when they emerge, and are always willing to go the extra mile to help clients achieve a stress-free move.
Planning a move to Havant? Schepens is a leading Hampshire removals company, with over a century of experience providing stress-free moves. Call our specialist team today on 02380 070071