Living in Hampshire | Removals to Hampshire
Which are the Best Villages to Live in Hampshire?
Hampshire is one of the UK’s most sought-after locations because it combines proximity to London with sumptuous countryside and award-winning beaches. Most people looking for property concentrate on the towns and cities such as Winchester, Southampton, or Portsmouth. But what if you’re looking for a more rural location? Which are the best villages to live in Hampshire?
Schepens is a local moving company that has been providing Hampshire removals for over 100 years. We have relocated movers to every corner of this beautiful county, so we asked a few of them who are now happily living in Hampshire villages, which ones they would recommend.
1. Crondall is Lovely and a Good Commute
If you’re looking for a village location, but you’ve previously lived in a town or city, this is a good in-between place. We’re between Basingstoke and Farnborough on the North Downs. There are two pubs, a shop and a school, and the centre of the village has a number of listed buildings. Community life is good, and there’s lots of young families in the village. We love living here – but you do get lots of planes going over from nearby Farnborough.
2. Bishop’s Waltham – Town or Village?
Bishop’s Waltham is just 11 miles to the north east of Southampton, and on the edge of the South Downs. When I moved here it was a village, and one of Hampshire’s hidden gems; now it’s been designated a town and was named as one of the best places to live in the UK by The Times. I still think of it as a village, whilst I enjoy the new shops and restaurants its new status has brought in.
3. Hambledon – So Much Going On!
What’s not to like about a village located in the Surrey Hills area of outstanding beauty, with the oldest community-run shop in the south of England. It was due to close down back in the 90s but villagers took it on and it’s been the making of the local community. There’s also a football club, a cricket club and a 16th century pub, The Merry Harriers.
4. Alton – Just Over an Hour to London
We couldn’t believe our luck when we stumbled on Alton. It’s a small town (which feels like a village to us) right in the middle of nowhere. And yet – it’s just over an hour out of London on the train! To the south of us is the South Downs National Park, and we’re just 25 miles from the sea. This is a great place to live, very pretty.
Schepens Provides Stress-Free Hampshire Removals
Schepens is a family-run, fourth generation Hampshire removals company. Over the past century we’ve helped move local families, professionals from overseas, and – more recently – lots of movers quitting London for a better quality of life. We guarantee all our movers a friendly, professional team and stress-free removals that will kick off life in your new home in Hampshire with a smile.
Tailored Removals to Hampshire Villages
No matter whether you’re moving 50 miles or 500, removals can feel overwhelming if you don’t have the right support. Schepens allocates a move co-ordinator to every mover. They will create a bespoke removals plan, specific to your requirements, and be available at every stage of you move, to solve problems, offer guidance, and make life easier.
Schepens removals services include:
- Free No Obligation Quote. As soon as we understand the extent of your move, we’ll provide a detailed, accurate removals quote to help with your budgeting.
- Insurance Cover. Your goods will be covered by insurance whilst in transit. If you would like us to arrange additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability cover, we’d be happy to do so.
- Professional Packing Team. Stressed about packing? Why not let our BAR trained packing professionals do the job for you? They’ll pack up your home in hours using sturdy and sustainable packaging.
- Specialist Removals. Whatever you’re planning to move as part of your Hampshire removals, we have a team that can handle it. Our specialists have experience moving pianos, art, and antiques.
- Self Storage. Many of our movers combine removals and storage. Schepens has a number of local storage facilities offering a well-managed, secure environment for your goods.
- Transport. Your goods are transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
Customer Service That Goes the Extra Mile
“I have moved 8 times in the last 16 years and used all sorts of companies – Schepens are the best bar none. All of the team that we dealt with were professional and caring for our belongings. Would definitely use them again.”