Removals to Salisbury | Salisbury Moving Company
Best Places to Live Around Salisbury
Moving to Salisbury is – without doubt – an opportunity to dust off the city smog and embrace the bucolic delights of Wiltshire. But it’s not for everyone. Salisbury is a small city – it feels more like a town. This means that houses in the most popular areas of the city tend to be hard to come by. Many of our movers tend, therefore, to look to the towns and villages in the surrounding area.
There’s a whole range of stunning locations to choose from. The Schepens removals team chose five different types of setting, to help give you a feel of what’s possible.
1. Lyndhurst (20 miles from Salisbury)
Just half an hour’s drive from the city centre, Lyndhurst transports you into another world. It’s a busy, lively village located right in the heart of the New Forest. Because of its location in the National Park, Lyndhurst has retained its period charm, whilst offering a good range of resources to movers. There are excellent schools, and a range of properties, many with good-sized gardens.
2. Wilton (4 miles from Salisbury)
If you’re looking for a market town close to the centre of Salisbury, Wilton has great potential. It dates back to the 8th century and was Wiltshire capital in the 9th century. Wilton made its name making luxury carpets, but it’s now a thriving centre with a great choice of shops and excellent amenities. This handsome-looking locale sits on the edge of the stunning Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs.
3. Fordingbridge (11 miles from Salisbury)
If you’re tempted by the New Forest but want to avoid the summer influx of tourists, take a look at Fordingbridge. It’s located in the north-western corner of the New Forest and even in the height of summer it’s not overrun. Set on the River Avon, a medieval seven arched bridged provides a glorious welcome, and the town is full of independent cafes, and shops which keep it busy throughout the year.
4. Downton (6 miles from Salisbury)
Downton is a lively village which boasts evidence of ongoing human habitation for 7,000 years, at least. It now combines the very best of the old and the new. Located in the Avon Valley, on the edge of the New Forest, it’s a stunning place to live. It’s also a flourishing community with plenty of shops, leisure facilities and local societies. Every year the village hosts Cuckoo Fair which attracts up to 20,000 visitors.
5. Romsey (16 miles from Salisbury)
Another historic market town, this time over the county border in Hampshire. Romsey is considered by many to be an attractive alternative to Winchester – with far more affordable properties. There’s a bustle and confidence about Romsey, bolstered by its growing array of excellent restaurants and independents. It provides an excellent choice of properties, and there’s a good range of schools on offer.
Schepens Provide Removals to Salisbury
Schepens has been providing removals to Salisbury and the surrounding areas of Wiltshire and Hampshire for over 100 years. We’re local to the area and we have moved families to all the locations mentioned in this blog. Our removals teams are also locally recruited, so they’re able to provide information about resources, parking and the best day to schedule your move.
Tailored Removals to Wiltshire
Whether you’re moving from London to Downton, or to the other side of town, every move brings its own challenges. Which is why Schepens doesn’t offer ‘standard’ moves. Instead a professional move co-ordinator is allocated to every client. They will help you to develop a bespoke removals plan, based on your specific requirements. Once complete, this becomes the basis for your FREE no obligation removals quote.
Schepens provides a range of removals services, including:
- Professional Packing Service. If you relish the idea of packing up your home, we’ll provide the packing materials. If not, our professional packers will get the job done in hours.
- Insurance. Your goods are covered by standard insurance whilst in transit. For further peace of mind we can provide Accidental Damage and Extended Liability cover.
- Specialist Removals. Planning to move a piano? Or a sculpture? Schepens provides specialist removals teams for high value items. We will arrange for bespoke packing, handling and transport.
- Self Storage. People use storage for all kinds of different reasons – households merging, hobby equipment, sports gear. Schepens has a number of secure, controlled local storage facilities in Wiltshire and Hampshire.
- Transport. Our state-of-the-art removals vehicles offer the perfect environment for your goods. The fleet runs on air ride suspension, and has an adjustable bearing system. This means that we’re able to guarantee minimum movement of your goods during the journey to your new home.
Second-to-None Customer Service
Schepens takes pride in the reputation it has built for being leading UK providers of stress-free removals. We never rest on our laurels, though. Every single employee is trained to industry standards. They emerge as confident professionals, capable of making proactive problem-solving decisions. And all of us at Schepens are happy to go the extra mile for our movers.
“I imagined prior to the event that the whole exercise would be fraught with frustration and discontent but I was totally wrong. The guys were incredibly patient, polite to a fault, industrious and totally professional. Both the collection and the subsequent delivery were made almost pleasurable so once again many many thanks to all at Schepens and would I recommend them……… Absolutely and without reservation.”