Move to Southampton | Living in Southampton
Where are the Best Areas to Live In or Near Southampton?
If you’re moving to Southampton from London, Bristol, or Basingstoke, how do you know where to start your house-hunting? There are so many factors to take into consideration, such as local schools, road and rail networks, and the location. Most of the movers we talk to tend to start with a broad sweep, and then focus in on the areas they like the feel of.
Schepens removals knows the Southampton area well for a couple of reasons. First, we’re locals, and second, we’ve been helping movers with removals to Southampton for over a century now. We asked a number of our movers in the area to tell us about the best areas to live in Southampton, from their perspective.
1. Netley for Village Life, Close to the City
We wanted to move out of the city, but we were a bit wary of village life. Netley was a great compromise. It’s 5 miles to the south of Southampton and takes around 20 minutes to drive to and from the city. The village is quaint, and it even has its own Cistercian monastery. There’s a nice community feel, and we’re by the sea, looking across to Hythe.
2. Locks Heath – But Keep it Quiet
We were following recommendations for schools when we stumbled across Locks Heath, and it was love at first sight. The schools are great, the shops are plentiful and the M27 runs close by. But it was Holly Hill Gardens that did for us; an amazing, landscaped parkland that’s like heaven for the kids, with waterfalls, grottos, a river, and woods – amazing!
3. Ocean Village for City Centre Living
We moved to Southampton for work, and decided we’d start looking for somewhere to live in the city centre, and then sweep outwards. As it was, we found just what we wanted right in the middle of the city. Ocean Village is built on the site of the docks and it’s minutes from everything.
4. West End – Heaven for Sports Lovers
My partner persuaded me that West End was for us, supposedly because of the amount of green, open spaces for the kids. Actually, I think it was all about him; West End is home to the Hampshire Cricket Club and the Agneas Bowl. To be fair, it’s also a really nice part of Southampton to live in, around 5 miles to the east of the centre.
Stress-Free Removals to Southampton, from Schepens
We think life’s too short to be stressing about your move, so we ensure that our movers are supported every step of the way. If you hit a problem with your removals to Southampton, we’ll work alongside you to find a solution. Our professional removals teams are always willing to go the extra mile to help out – it’s what sets us apart.
Tailored Removals to Southampton
Whether you’re moving across the city, or across the country, moving is an upheaval. We lessen the load by allocating each mover an experienced move co-ordinator. They will work with you to create a bespoke removals plan, based on your specific requirements. They also be available throughout the process for guidance, and support.
Schepens removals services include:
- Free No Obligation Removals Quotation. Once we know the details of your move, we’ll provide you with an accurate quotation to help with your budgeting.
- Insurance. Your goods will be covered in transit. If you require additional Accidental Damage or Extended Liability insurance, we can provide cover.
- Professional Packing Service. Our BAR trained professional packers will pack up your home in hours, using sturdy and sustainable materials.
- Specialist Removals. No matter what you want to include in your removals, our team can handle it. We’re experienced movers of pianos, artworks, and antiques.
- Self Storage. If you find that you need extra space, Schepens has a number of Hampshire self storage facilities, providing a secure, well-managed environment.
- Travel. Your goods are transported in one of our state-of-the-art removals vehicles which run on air ride suspension and boast an adjustable bearing system, ensuring little or no movement of vehicle content.
First Class Customer Service
“Schepens gave us a top-quality move from one end of the country to the other. From estimating our quote to unloading the last box the service was exemplary. Not having moved for many years we were very happy with how it all went. All staff were hardworking and very polite.”